favorite wreck in Broward?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ancient Mariner. Usually lots of fish and great growth all over the wreck, and its Florida! Beats the hell out of the cold dark north Atlantic up here!

Dove the Mariner Saturday. Tons of orange cup corals, would make an awesome night dive. Plenty of swimthroughs, one room is full of copper sweepers, and only in 70 ft of water so you get nearly an hour dive. Captain Dan is just as nice just deeper at 110 ft to the sand.
Kevin Flanders's Photos | Facebook

Tough one...

The Mercedes is a great wreck.
Jay Scutti/Ken Vitale group is sweet, since you can hit 4 wrecks at the site.
The Rebel is my newest favorite... just dove that a couple weeks ago. It was alot of fun.
Ancient Mariner was pretty sweet. For some reason I have a hard time hooking that one when we try to anchor.

The Captain Dan is good too, but it had some screaming current the only time we dove it in August. My buddy was a recent AOW graduate with about 15 dives under her belt, and no gloves, so it was challenging. Is it normally that way?

My favorite wreck is the one that no other boats are on :wink:

Glock Diver-Strong current on the Captain Dan is pretty typical. You may want to try hot dropping (overweight yourself a little and drain all the air out of your BC) instead of anchoring, then you don't have to stuggle with the current on your decent and acent. Assuming you have someone topside.

My favorite wreck is the one that no other boats are on :wink:

Amen to that! That's how we discovered the Mercedes... The Scutti was packed one Saturday and I started looking at the plotter thinking HMMM... What's nearby? :idk:

Glock Diver-Strong current on the Captain Dan is pretty typical. You may want to try hot dropping (overweight yourself a little and drain all the air out of your BC) instead of anchoring, then you don't have to stuggle with the current on your decent and acent. Assuming you have someone topside.

Yep, we've dive-bombed a few of them, using that technique. Usually works pretty good. I always keep at least 1 on the boat whenever we dive deep water, or even shallow water when there's no mooring ball.

My favorite Broward wreck is the Lowrance. It's big steel. Lots of penetrations. Rarely dived...Great wreck.

Anyone have a more comprehensive list of the dive sites (wrecks and reefs) in Broward? I use this website mostly: Fort Lauderdale Scuba Diving Locations - Dive Spots

It has seperate pages for WPB, Boca, Ft. Lauderdale, and Miami. But it's lacking sites like the Lowrance. Miracle of Life, among others....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom