Favorite Pre and Post Dive Snacks?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ok - when hubby teaching i get up at 6.00am to bake muffins for hubby and his students early morning start.

i also pack glucose lollies (we prefer the beatties snakes) for after dives - great to get rid of the salt water taste.

Snickers satisfies! Unless somebody's around with still warm-from-the-oven cookies...

All the best, James

I like beef jerky after a dive - in between... yuk... I end up tasting it through out the entire second dive!

You can't beat hotdogs! Fire up the grill...
Fruit is good too, grapes or something. I want to dive with Almitywife's bunch, unless the beatties snakes are really snakes!
Randy

Gidds:
What is the big deal with tomato juice or lack thereof? One should keep in mind, when purchasing commercial tomato juice, that it can have a high sodium content.

try this thread Don't, I think the tomato juice has less sodium than the olives...

I like fruit between dives and beer afterwards. For really long dive days, I'll pack a peanut butter sandwitch. Of course, the whole time, I'm guzzling down water and gatorade in enough quantities to drown a fish. I also try to make sure that I'm hydrated a few day before diving.

Gidds:
Everybody likes food and everybody likes to talk about food, at least in my observation. So what are everybody's favorite pre and post dive snacks and beverages?

UGH....US military MRE's - the spaghetti MRE's washed down with a PowerAde (the nasty blue colored one) as a between dive snack. She would stock up on that flavor of MRE when we were on post at Ft.Lewis, WA just for dive trips. No matter what I offered - even homemade spaghetti, she had to have the MREs

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom