Favorite operator for sidemount

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

No negative impact at all, my friend.

You can get sidemount valves on the mainland but not in Cozumel, there might be an odd tank or two but I have never seen anything but private tanks available.

Sidemount off a boat sucks but if that is the BCD you have then that is the BCD you have - for all the boat owners out there, just watch the tanks banging on the boat por fa.

I would think you would want a small boat for ease of rolling in - most all operations are valet of some sort and handing equipment and tanks up is nothing new, happens every day.

Who is your favorite operator for side-mount on Cozumel?

I am not aware of any operator in Coz that specializes in sidemount dives. We have had them on our boats in the past. One of our regulars dives single tank sidemount. I think the catch is no matter who you choose to dive with you'll be subject to the same policies as the single tank divers - depths, times, etc.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom