Favorite Fish to See?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

These guys always have a nice smile, how can you not smile back.
IMG_3280.jpeg

Lizardfish/Sand Diver.

They remind us of our Chiweenie.
Hahaha

A Great Hammerhead encounter here in Florida is one one my favorites. I have had 6 in Boynton Beach in 12 years. These are not shark dive/baited or feeding dives. One brief encounter was with Mr Lobster, @Johnoly
Love those Hammerheads!

Interesting
The Sergeant Baker is probably named after Governor Phillip's orderly sergeant, William Baker. Sergeant Baker came to Australia as a Corporal of Marines on the transport ship Charlotte. He was reported to have been a keen fisherman, and possibly the first white settler to have caught this species.

so brightened the place up a little bit.
Served with some Calamarie on the side with a slice of lemon would help reduce the problem.
I read on this site they are quite tasty, of course they are not eaten here.:wink:

I trained in Aquatic Ecology so all fish have their own special attraction for me, but I get my greatest challenge trying to get a good image of a shark or barracuda. I've got to trick them into thinking I'm doing something interesting so they will come close to investigate. I’ve posted this guy on several threads , but I never get tired of seeing him!

🐸

Attachments

• MICR0291.jpeg
    MICR0291.jpeg
    46.1 KB · Views: 28
  • MICR0292.jpeg
    MICR0292.jpeg
    45.9 KB · Views: 30
Served with some Calamarie on the side with a slice of lemon would help reduce the problem.
I read on this site they are quite tasty, of course they are not eaten here.:wink:

I had a thread on the solo diving forum. I would have loved to have taken a few for dinner, but spearing on SCUBA isn't legal in Cyprus. I believe several groups are working on it.

We have at least one species present in the far north of New Zealand, but I haven't seen one yet.

Back
Top Bottom