Question Favorite dive operators in the greater Cabo area?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

raftingtigger

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I'm planning a 7-10 day stretch of diving in the greater Cabo area sometime in early/late spring 2023. I would like to do a mix of guided and un-guided diving. I'll probably bring my 12' 20HP dive boat for the un-guided diving. The only 'gear' I will need is breathing gas fills (air or banked nitrox).

I'm experienced and professionally rated, but don't mind demonstrating my skills if needed before an advanced dive.

Any information recommendations are appreciated.

Not sure specifically where you plan to dive but am most familiar with the Cabo Pulmo area. Although you couldn't dive from your boat in the marine park you could, technically, dive outside the park. The dive boats that are used in the area are 20 to 30 feet with outboards ranging from 100-200 HP. I wouldn't be comfortable in a 12' 20 HP boat, given the wind and swell that is common in the area. I'm sure that sea conditions in the lower Baja are similar.

Are you familiar with the Baja dive sites? Cabo Pulmo is the only coral reef area in the Sea of Cortez. All other dive sites are either wrecks (as in La Paz) or focus on the larger pelagics, which can be fairly hit or miss, and are very dependent on the season. The good sites in La Paz are also a long boat ride from the harbour. Guided trips take a whole day.

Maybe leave your boat at home, do some guided dives in La Paz and Cabo Pulmo and finish up with a couple in the Cabo San Lucas area.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom