Favorite Dive app on iPhone?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sortsol

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
What is your favorite recreational Dive app for the iPhone? Looking for a good one that can benefit a novice recreational diver. Planning, refrence, logbook, etc...

Last edited:
Only good one i like,and free, though i'm UK, is the London dive chamber app as its has a A-Z of dive medicine which i like as it's always handy as it includes symptoms and remedies of rare cases as well as the obvious ones.

Only good one i like,and free, though i'm UK, is the London dive chamber app as its has a A-Z of dive medicine which i like as it's always handy as it includes symptoms and remedies of rare cases as well as the obvious ones.
Thanks, I'll check that one out. Anyone else?

Dive Log is a great log app but is $10, and I have the desktop version. TideGraph is very useful when planing a ocean dive. My third is NitroxTools, if you dive nitrox that is.

Thanks, Keep the ideas comming, I 'm new to this app business. Just got droid. This is great!

Dive buddy pro is the app that I use on my iPad. If I'm not mistaken, it links to the dive log app mentioned earlier. It's a very versatile app that allows you to log the your dive (including equipment, buddies, dive type, surge, current, cylinder, type, nitrox) and allows you to attach photos and an overhead view of your dive site from google earth. It also does the pressure group and NDL calculations for you in the log.

APP is $16.99 for the iPad version. If the iPhone version is even close to as good as the iPad, it's worth a few bucks for sure.

In no particular order:

iScubaPlan -- doesn't replace a computer, but it's nice to be able to do some manual dive planning.

Dive Spots -- great for locating wrecks and other points of interest.

Nitrox Tools and Trimix Tools -- more specialized than iScubaPlan. Again provide a nice adjunct to your computer.

V-Planner, though it's not free. Beats bringing a laptop on the boat.

The app I use the most is "I-deco pro". the ones I have on my phone are:

IDeco Pro
Blender
Depth Charge
Gas Blender
Trimix tools
Gas Matcher

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom