Favorite BC's for Dry Suit Diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Only way I can feel "restricted" in a BCD is having one thats too small in the first place..

Any BCD is fine.

A question for you Tigerman.

Have you dived a wing and BP setup?

My BCD was the correct fit or I would not have considered diving it. I personally found the combination of the side bladder of the BCD and Dry suit with undergarments restricting my arm and torso movements.

Theres absolutely NO problem diving a weight integrated BCD with drysuit and thats what most people I know do on "recreational dives". Many of us also do the majority of our diving in drysuits as the water tempratures here is rather cold most of the year...
Can you dive a drysuit with a weight integrated BC? Absolutely! I have logged many dives in my drysuit and my Ranger. But, I needed quite a bit of weight when diving a single, expecially an AL80, and I found the BC to be a bit cumbersome with the weight pockets in it. I switched to a SS BP several years ago, and the Ranger now hangs in my closet, still fondly regarded but suffering from extedned, enforced idleness.

I dove a Sea-quest Balance with my dry suit with no problems. Now of course I dive it with my new DSS BP/W. I think I see a trend here. :)

I dive in a drysuit with my Zeagle Ranger. No problems. I carry 26-28 lbs of weight. I would also like try a BP/W with mine but, I haven't had the chance.

If you are a recreational diver, any BCD is fine. I know I use my drysuit for buoyancy anyway, and the BCD is just to hold weight and clip stuff onto underwater.

And yes...I have dove with a BP/W several times and I am one of the few but I am not convinced it is for everyone. I know it isn't for me.

Thanks very much, this board is always so helpful~

Back
Top Bottom