Favorite BC's for Dry Suit Diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

HowieYTown

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hello,
What type of BCD is most common when using dry suits? I have a compressed neoprene suit that I want to try out this year and since I'm also in the market for a new BC I would like a type thats compatable with using a dry suit.
For now I have several Horse Collars and Stab jackets, just wondering what most dry suit users prefer.
thanks

For a drysuit, nothing but a BP/W and a SS BP while we're at it.

You don't want any extra padding, you're pretty much stuffed anyway, undergarment and all, floaty floaty. I hate to carry anvils or anchors with me in order to sink or keep a stop. :14:

Almost without exception the people I dive with use drysuits with a Back Plate and Wing.

Those who aren't wish they were. :wink:

Tobin
Eeeeeexactly.

All the best, James

Almost without exception the people I dive with use drysuits with a Back Plate and Wing.

One more time,......with feeling!!

Ditto on the plate and wings. Also, a Diverite transpac with all the extra padding removed works well too (I use mine for single tanks, though they are designed for doubles).

As soon as I got a drysuit, the BCD became my teenage niece's gear.

Tobin
Theres absolutely NO problem diving a weight integrated BCD with drysuit and thats what most people I know do on "recreational dives". Many of us also do the majority of our diving in drysuits as the water tempratures here is rather cold most of the year...

I first started diving in waters that were warm enough to get away with using a 5mm wetsuit at most. I found that diving a traditional BCD was fine with this set up.
However i took the plunge last year to train and dive in the frigid quarries and seas around the UK. A drysuit was a must for this.
On my first dive I wore my BCD. I felt so cumbersome and restricted.
Next dive I borrowed a wing with a SS backplate, the difference was incredible!! A complete 180 degree turn from the BCD.

The BCD was on Ebay that night
I Have NEVER looked back

I first started diving in waters that were warm enough to get away with using a 5mm wetsuit at most. I found that diving a traditional BCD was fine with this set up.
However i took the plunge last year to train and dive in the frigid quarries and seas around the UK. A drysuit was a must for this.
On my first dive I wore my BCD. I felt so cumbersome and restricted.
Next dive I borrowed a wing with a SS backplate, the difference was incredible!! A complete 180 degree turn from the BCD.

The BCD was on Ebay that night
I Have NEVER looked back

Same story here I do agree with you 100%

Back
Top Bottom