Faulty depth sensor - Suunto D6

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

blue76

New
Reaction score
I have Suunto D6, I bought it in 2007.
Last year, during the dive, When I was about 20 meters, it began to show I was 40-50-60 and 120 meters down.
When I finish the dive, it showed that I was still diving. And some days later, the battery died.

When I took it the Suunto dealer, he told me "depth sensor" died, all mechanism should be changed for 300 Euros. And after all, the new mechanism can have only 3 months warranty.

I bought that computer, for 550 Euros. Now you want me to buy a new one, pay the price as an award for "the faulty sensor"
I saw Chris from Suunto told in this forum "New Suunto D6i series have changed "malfunction depht sensors"
This is a proof that Suunto sold "malfunctioned depth sensor computer"

I have Oceanic V100, in my gauge, it is one year older than my Suunto D6, and it is working like the first day.

I won't pay 300 Euros for fixing my Suunto.
I told in Malaysia-Sipadan, that issue, and changed 2 divers mind who want to buy Suunto D4.

Replace your luck, and don't buy Suunto computers.

---------- Post added April 28th, 2015 at 10:57 PM ----------

2rotlk0.jpg

Hi,
I'm sorry that you've had trouble with your device. May I ask which dealer gave you that information?

br, Hendrik

Sounds right. I have two zoops in my basement that started diving one day. They dove until the batteries died.
Junk in my opinion.

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk 2

I hate electronic devices: computers, TVs, smart phones, etc. I will pay good money for mechanical/low tech devices, but pay with regret form digital items. It's just the world we live in that it is hit and miss with the quality and longevity of electronic devices. Reminds me of Frank Zappa's song "Flakes" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFvtoJrK1Zg

Too bad for us.

GJS

Back
Top Bottom