Fathom?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JahJahwarrior

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Just bought a Fathom M/L two piece wetsuit....has a funky red kind of "furry" interior. Fits pretty darn tight! Does anyone have any clue about what I should have paid for it/what I could sell it for/value? Anyone know anything about these? google has let me down this time.... It feels thicker than the 3mil I was renting before....but I'm not sure what thickness it is. One of the tags has "5" on it, but only that one number, no units or anything. That could mean it's size 5 out of some archaic sizing system, moden 5, or maybe 5 mil.....I can get pics of the whole suit, but here's the logo...the red on the fish didn't turn out well.

I have an old (1990) Fathom wetsuit, can't really help with what it should cost all I can tell you is that back then a custom suit was not cheap at all (if I remember correctly it was something like $500) I love my suit, I have the red lining also which is great, its way softer and easier to get into and out of then a normal neoprene suit. Its very probably a 5mil suit, if it feels thicker than a 3, not sure where they put the sizing on the suits, I can't find any numbers at all in mine aside from an inventroy number they used for the custom stuff.

They are wonderfully well made suits, hope its not too tight and that you can use it.

This suit is from the 90's. Probably has less than 20 dives on it though, been stored in a closet, on hangers. Better than being folded up I guess, doesn't seem to be a crease at the top from small hangers. So you paid $500 or so for it? Some guy on ebay told me he paid $450 for his new. I'm just curious and like to know everything about things that I buy :)

Yeah, it was around $500 when I ordered mine, not sure of the exact amount though. Mine has held up extremely well.

Back
Top Bottom