Fathom Five Divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wow sounds like a great bunch of guys and gals to me. glad i took a peek at this thread. never know when i will be over that way. personally i have never heard a ill word spoken about that dive op. sounds like a good choice to me. have fun.

scott, dude 8,7,6 ? let me guess excel?

Hello Everyone,

I really apologize for the length of time in which it took me to write this. I thought for a minute that it was almost too late to post but I thought I would go forward with it anyhow.

As mentioned in a previous post, I decided to dive with Fathom Five. Let me first start by saying that they truly are a top notch outfit. Their customer service, friendliness and professionalism were awesome.

There are other LDS's that they say they do everything for you and as you well know, don't quite hit that standard. Fathom Five however really truly does take care of you. They are a great example of under promise and over deliver. And when I say that, I mean that they didn't try to draw me in with all the promises of great service, they just did it.

Alright... Enough about that.

Using their 6-pack boat we made the relatively smooth ride out to Niihau. From there we did the following dives:

1. Vertical Awareness - 111'
2. Easel - 107'
3. Key Hole Drift - 101'

Forgive me if I'm wrong on any of the names. In my opinion, I thought "Vertical Awareness" was an absolutely awesome dive. The wall had an awesome drop-off. The other two were fantastic as well but that was the real winner for me.

The visibility was so good that at one point I thought I could see Seattle. The dives were full of awesome tropical fish. Unfortunately, the elusive monk seal was only visible from shore, I suppose it wasn't my day.

I wish I had more to report. It was everything I had hoped for and then more. If you do decided to make the trip, I would highly recommend Fathom Five. Having never dove Kauai before I went with them based on recommendations and my gut and it proved to be right. Oh, and if you wondered, the often talked about return trip from Niihau was surprisingly smooth.

First class all the way.

**-I didn't attach any pictures as my pictures really aren't that great as my lens that day was ready to zoom right in and snap pictures of the monk seal!!!

Back
Top Bottom