fast then slow then fast..

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hank49

Contributor
Reaction score
For the last two days my connection to SB has been fluctuating in speed. Sometimes it's five minutes going from page to page. Then it's normal again. All other sites I connect to seem normal speed. Is this just a Belize thing? The country has been on strike for the last week or so. (just kidding but it has been slow) ?? Hank

During peak times things will get a little slower but they should always be pretty fast (I rarely have to wait to load a page). Do you have similar problems viewing any other big websites (by big I mean large page sizes).

I've had no slow connections to other sites and I've not had this problem with SB before yesterday.

Satellite. I believe Direcway. It's not like Starband which went off when it rained hard. Since I posted the thread its been working fine. Figures.

I am having the same issues on a 5mb DSL. Sometimes it even times out and have to wait 1-2 minutes for it to re-connect. All other sites and file transfers are fine.

Very odd, I will look at our logs to see if we have had any really high traffic levels but I can't think of any recent problems. The only time things should be slow reasonably is when making a new post as the database goes through a lot of invensive insert statements.

This may sound dumb but it is possible, try deleting your browser cache. If it gets too large, the browser takes forever to search through it. Otherwise, could be one of those voodoo problems!! ;-)

GRRRRRRRRRRR. It just did it again. I've been waiting since the last post to get back to "new posts". If it was from not deleting the browser cache, wouldn't all sites be slow?

Hank49:
GRRRRRRRRRRR. It just did it again. I've been waiting since the last post to get back to "new posts". If it was from not deleting the browser cache, wouldn't all sites be slow?

yea that stinks man. As to your question, not always. If you loaded up google for instance, the browser only has to search for one picture. Scuba board's pages are full of small pictures. But based on what you were telling me with it timing out, it doesn't sound like a cache problem. It sounds like a DNS problem. One of your ISP's DNS servers might be down. Is this a recent problem?

Back
Top Bottom