Fashion tips and Faux Pas

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bah. Which is better: A matching jackass or a mismatched competent dive buddy? You should have pointed out your foot would have matched another part of his set-up (anatomically speaking).

devolution365:
A good place to look for such a hat/hood: http://www.scapascuba.co.uk/hoods.htm
ok, i can honestly say i would not dive with anyperson wearing one of those hoods!!! not even as a joke, not even if you paid me!

but then again, i cant remember last time i needed to dive with someone that wore a hood in our waters.

as far as colour - my theme is yellow and the childs (12yr Jnr OW) is purple and pink (hot pink zeagle bcd). you spend alot of money on dive gear, spend alot of time - you might as well have a bit of fun with it while you at it and if that means you colour up then why not.

wouldnt the world be boring if we were all wearing the exact same thing in the exact same colour every single time. (except for those hoods - they are seriously wrong)

And you can usually get smokin deals on colorful gear too. Like my orange, red, and green "rasta" snowboard helmet ($128 list, $50 on sale). That was one of the great things about being over 40, I really don't care if people like the way I dress anymore!

Plus they stay out of my way, and like it was said before, easy to spot from a distance ;-) (the plan is working perfectly)

Dflybldr

Snappy reply is "Noticed me didn't know" then completely ignore the person as if he didn't exist.

almitywife:
ok, i can honestly say i would not dive with anyperson wearing one of those hoods!!! not even as a joke, not even if you paid me!

......(except for those hoods - they are seriously wrong)

I'm sorry, Now I get to ask. What is so seriously wrong with them? I could see how it might be a problem if you wore a tigger hoodie with the Superman or Spiderman dry suits that they sell....but I did notice that they don't make Wonder Woman or bat girl dry suits. Wonder why not, hmmmm.

Maybe that's what I need, I could special order a whole tigger dry suit and hoodie. Now that would totally kick butt. Do you think ScubaPro would make twinjets in orange???

I do comment on bright gear, that comment is usually "Cool Gear!" I agree with some of the other posts that brighter or unique gear is much easier to identify underwater. How many times have you seen a video and wondered who was who since most of the divers were wearing black?

Personally, I a) don't care what anything looks like as long as it works and b) I'd rather be brightly colored and easily visible, particularly in PNW waters. A diver all in black disappears in the murk rather quickly . . .

You should see the stuff those crazy SKY divers wear. Is that so they can be seen from the ground when they are at 10000 feet?

I have jumped from a plane twice. Never again. Why? Because skydiving costs money and so does SCUBA diving. SCUBA won.

They'll make 'em in Candy Cane if you promise to buy the whole run. :cool:

Terry

Bobbin-along:
Maybe that's what I need, I could special order a whole tigger dry suit and hoodie. Now that would totally kick butt. Do you think ScubaPro would make twinjets in orange???

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom