farting reg

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Stay away from the black beans if you are diving in the Caribbean, they can be murder on a reg, not to mention the rest you!

ID

wackodacko once bubbled...
im gonna listen more carefully next time i go diving.... the shop told me it costs about $90 for a regulator 1st and 2nd stage checkup because every time they open it ..they hafta replace parts!!

This is starting to sound like a problem that will require replacement of a vital component - you need a new LDS. The noise you are describing is not "normal" although it's also not a major issue. Either the IP is out of whack and needs to be adjusted by the store or the user (that's you) is unfamiliar with the operation of the equipment and needs to be instructed by the store. Charging you for a rebuild every time they open the regulator is B@U#L$L%S^H&I*T(!

IMNSHO, that it!

Steven

Wackodacko

I'm not sure if my PM reply got to you - No record of a sent item. If not, please contact me at my home e-mail :gbegelo@earthlink.net. I'll also have some schematics there and can take a better look at what it takes to get to the exhaust diaphram. The answer is definately something less than $90.00.

Pull off the exhaust tee, and use some pump-spray silicone to lube the exhaust valve, being careful not to kink it.

We do this as a matter of course with our Spro regs, and it usually cures the exhale-burp sound syndrome.

With many brands of regs, a fart or honk sound (sometimes even "singing") sometimes occurs when inhaling. Usually, it's the airflow moving around the 2nd stage spring, and making it vibrate harmonically. In most cases, it's just a matter of rotating that spring a bit to stop the honking. Sometimes, if it is a valve instability problem, the fix is a bit more involved. But valve flutter is relatively rare.

C

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom