Farnsworth Banks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wow! What a cool find and photograph!

My one dive at Farnsworth was, as they say, "sporty". Viz was fairly poor and the current was RIPPING -- if we hadn't had scooters, we wouldn't have been able to do it at all. But the structure was amazing and the color was jaw-dropping. I'd love to go back. Thanks for sharing your photos and bringing back good memories.

Nice! My favorite SoCal dive site. Diving to depths beyond rec I saw lots of torpedo rays (7 on one dive) just hovering in the water column like the Starship Enterprise. Add to that the presence of the orange zoanthids (Epizoanthus giveni, named after my friend Dr. Bob Given), the red-spotted sea star and the scythe butterflyfish plus a host of colder water species not seen on the south-eastern end of the leeward coast. Very cool site, especially if vis is good. I've had to do a few blue water deco stops there due to poor vis (no fun in current).

nice photos ..thanks for sharing.

Electrifying photos! Hope you didn't get too close.

Very nice! What is the camouflaged fish that looks a little like a scorpion fish?
We've been wanting to do Farnsworh Banks for a long time. We always seem to dive Catalina Island during the week in the off season and can never get a boat to go out there. One of these days we're going to either have to go during the high season or on a weekend specifically to hit Farnsworth banks.
Joe saw one of the guitar fish just outside of the dive park at about 125 feet deep and he tried to take me back there for another search but we unfortunately couldn't find another one. We did see a couple of shallow ones in the Harbor just looking from the shore, they are very cool fish.

Farnsworth is one of my favorite SoCal dive sites. The purple is awesome, and yes the conditions are unpredicable.
Cool guitar fish. I saw one there all three times I got to dive there.

Sean, Thanks for sharing your photos.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom