Farallon gauge question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ew1usnr

Contributor
Reaction score
What is the screw on cap for, on top of this Farallon console? I'll post another photo following this of the interior. It has what looks like electrical contacts inside.

Here is the inside under the screw cap. It has a spring in the center, a copper strip on the side wall, and the lid has a metal plate on the underside. They look like electrica contacts. What could have gone here on top of a pressure/depth gauge console?

I'd just be guessing, as I don't know the product, but it looks like a battery holder for some kind of button cell battery.

A backlight for the guage???

It's an illuminated gauge. I bought that off ebay because I needed a pressure gauge. This one is neat because it also has a 300-foot depth gauge on the back, making a compact console. I saw that scew cap in the ebay advertisement picture, and assumed it was for mounting a compass. I got it in the mail today and it had me puzzled. Now that I know what it is, it should have been obvious. But I just didn't think of an illuminated gauge.
Anyway, I looked through the the Skin Diver magazine collection at the USF library tonight and found a write-up on the "Farallon Illuminated Diving Instruments" in the February 1973 issue. Cool!!! I'll get a battery for this gauge and try it out.

cool, looks neat bud, be sure to let me know how it works out!

Can anyone tell me what battery the Farallon Pressure Gauge takes for the light?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom