Fantasy Island Trip Report - Feb 14-21

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well hubby bought a new G12 today. Now he has to get a new case.

And how much would you like for that leaky, salty, decrepit, rotten, nasty, old Canon G10 housing?

(I already got one, but I'll bet about 150 readers are salivating)

Well hubby bought a new G12 today. Now he has to get a new case. He's got until September to check out the differences.

I've never posted any pictures before so I'll have to learn that before I can post anything.

Shrink the pictures a bit before posting. 800x600 or thereabouts is a good compromise. If you don't have a photo manager that can shrink your photos (by the way, rename the photos as you shrink them), there are a number of free (for PC/Windows) programs that do that. Irfanview gets lots of good reviews; I've used it in the past.

Then, to post, just push the "manage attachments" button (under the "additional options") and attach away!

If you know how to use UBB code (I think UBB), you can also embed photos directly, but you need to have the pictures on a server somewhere (Flicker, Picasa, ec.)

Is the G12 footprint and are its button placements different than the G10, so you can't use the same case? Murphy says you can't use the same case...

Is the G12 footprint and are its button placements different than the G10, so you can't use the same case? Murphy says you can't use the same case...

Murphy is always right.

Thanks for the tips on the posting pictures. Hubby has photoshop so we're okay for shrinking the size. I'll get a few pictures moved from his processing PC to my notebook and give it a try.

As for using the G10 case with the G12 - murphy wins. The G12 is smaller, plastic, thicker because of a flip out viewscreen, etc etc etc You get the picture. G11 & G12 however are the (same of course).

Thanks

As for buying the new G12??? We're not 100% sure it was the seal. Could have been one of the buttons on the case itself. He doesn't want to take the chance.

We did test the seal in the rinse tank and it was fine. Only happened under pressure - about 40ft down.

Better safe than sorry.

Well hubby bought a new G12 today. Now he has to get a new case. He's got until September to check out the differences.

I've never posted any pictures before so I'll have to learn that before I can post anything.
Hello Betty....I have been in market for upgrade in camera etc. and was just looking at G12 yesterday. Was at FI end of Jan and escaped rain with exceptio of one day. Did hubby go for Ikelite housing or canon as am thinking strobes etc re expanding unit with wide angle lens/macro lens etc.. Just curious how he is enjoying to date while I realize early. I have older Canon A95 of which G12 replicate in many ways but has sophisticated results in comparison. So I am donw to Nikon P7000, Canon G12 or go with Sealife dedciated unit 1200 Duo Maxx. Cheers,

Lou
Ottawa

Hello Lou. So far he loves the G12. Finds it has a few more features than his old G10. We are a Canon house as this is our 7th Canon. 2 DSLR and 5 point & shoots. Just bought me a new S95 so I can shoot raw. Makes his processing easier than with my old 720A which only shot JPEG.

He's not sure yet about the case. G10 case was a Canon. He might go for that again or look at Ikelite. As for a strobe; he has the SL961: SeaLife® Digital Pro Flash.

How did you like FI? Who was your DM? Did you fly Sunwing from Canada?

FI was fine as went with 8 other friends. Commented on same in Jackies thread after she submitted her photos which kind of got me thinking time to modernize as they (her photos) were quite good with point and shoot (SeaLife 1200 Duo Maxx set up). Miguel was our DM and Sunwing'd it out of Montreal. No problems. Only one day of rain. S95 is great small camera also. Thanks for feedback.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom