Fantasy Island Trip 11-7 to 11-14

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My last underwater set up died while in Indonesia, and I recently replaced it with the G10 (and the Canon housing). I have yet to use it underwater, and I am overwhelmed by all the settings available! I also have a YS-DX 90 S&S strobe.

I would be anxious to hear any suggestions on what settings you've tried?

I suspect I will ignore the "underwater" setting, and have it on "P" and adjust from there?

Or are you going to tell me you had everything set on Auto, and you got all those great shots?? :D

Thanks in advance, and sorry for diverting the thread....

DR,

I did use the underwater setting but it was in "P" mode. I think the ISO setting was on either 80 or 100 but not for sure and I did change it to macro for a lot of the pics. There are just to many settings for me to. I hope to learn more about the G10 before my next trip but we will see.

I also went into the menu a couple of times to adjust the internal flash because I would get to close and it would wash the image out.

The Canon housing is very buoyant so if you want it more neutral be sure and add a little weight. I wish I could tell you how much but I don't know.

I kindof wish I had an external strobe because I think it would allow me to shoot other subjects that I can't with the internal flash. I am not real enthusiastic about diving with a big strobe setup. I see people going down with a massive looking octopus rig and I am not for sure that is for me but we will see.:D I am looking at two strobes now but I can't bring myself to purchase one.

Thanks for the compliments.

Rod

I kindof wish I had an external strobe because I think it would allow me to shoot other subjects that I can't with the internal flash. I am not real enthusiastic about diving with a big strobe setup. I see people going down with a massive looking octopus rig and I am not for sure that is for me but we will see.:D I am looking at two strobes now but I can't bring myself to purchase one.

Thanks for the compliments.

Rod

Hi Rod -

I just got a new strobe for Christmas...it's the SeaLife SL961 and works not only with SeaLife Cameras, but with other models as well. It actually has an "automatic" flash setting which is supposed to prevent overflashing like I encountered with the older model. We depart for Fantasy Island in three weeks and I can't wait to try it out! It is really not cumbersome in the water at all. In fact, it gives me a much better grip than I would have with the camera alone. Plus it really makes underwater images come to life...makes a HUGE difference. I would recommend a strobe wholeheartedly :D

Back
Top Bottom