Fantastic Savings on Aluminum Cylinders This Week Only!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Indian Valley Scuba

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Harleysville, Pennsylvania, United States
# of dives
tankspecial.gif

Yes we do, every day! Call Beverly at the shop tomorrow 800-825-2452 and she'll give you an accurate freight quote! Look forward to hearing from you!

Whoa on that "Nor would you want a Catlaina 40" comment. There is no reason to cast a negative light on any manufacturer without facts and hard data to back any statement. We dive and use Catalina and Luxfer 40's and have for years and have nothing negative to say about either. I certainly do welcome and encourage constructive feedback on the topic!

Last edited:
My facts and hard data come from diving Catalina 40's side-by-side with Luxfer 40's.

The buoyancy characteristics are very different. Catalinas start out heavy, and when half empty tend to hang butt-end down. Luxfers float butt-end up when half empty and tuck neatly behind the armpit.

Catalina cylinders are quite nice in quality, manufacture, durability and finish.

It's just that the most typical use of a 40 is a deco cylinder, for which there are better choices than Catalina.

All the best, James

Hey there fdog, and thanks for that response.

You are correct in the buoyancy characteristics! When carrying these cylinders that may present an issue, or perhaps more of a personal opinion. I base that on the number of both Luxfer and Catalina 40 CF cylinderst that we sell and ship year round. Thanks for your informative input.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom