Fantastic GoPro housing!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

craracer

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Sorry if you folks have already discovered this, but a few months ago I had the opportunity to lay hands on the prototype EZUWA housing with flat port. The owner of the dive shop I call home worked with EZUWA to develop this housing and port. Not inexpensive, but quite an amazing piece of kit that is rated to 100m (330Ft)!:shocked2: Despite being aluminum colored on the web site, I believe the housing will actually be black.

I'm told that the new flat port can be used in all modes, with no vignetting, and can be interchanged with the stock GoPro lens (GoPro & GoPro 2). There are blue and green water filters available as well.

I hear that it will be available sometime in May.

Here's a link to their web site:
EZUWA

DISCLAIMER: I have nothing to do with EZUWA, nor do I gain anything from posting this. If anything, they will be gaining from me being that I'll more than likely send them a fistful of cash quite soon.

It looks a very similar size to the Blurfix/ Backscatter 55mm ports so it should have the same vignette levels. For deep divers though a new housing is needed just like this and Ive seen a few others similar and all around that kind of price or more. It does look pretty cool though and pretty much just an aluminum version of the stock housing with a 55mm flat port. One thing its missing is an LCD back door which I find very handy for underwater use.

Im sure if you paid the money for one of these you'd use it strictly underwater and just use your regular housing on land so being interchangeable with a stock lens wouldn't be too important.

Here are a couple of other deep water GoPro housings ive seen.

UKPro 150m housing with LCD back
Uk-Germany Go-Pro housing [UK-PRO] - ScubaCam.nl

Heres another new one rated to 200m not sure of price though
PATIMA New Product - Patima-GOPRO Housing

WOW! Those are nice, and another reason I do NOT need to start deep diving. I will need one then.

That's why I don't dive deep my pockets aren't deep enough lol, Sticking to 40m or less is good enough for me.

I also don't like short bottom times or long deco stops and re-breathers seem a little scary and very expensive, Ive been around computers long enough to know they crash every now and again. I don't know if id put that much trust into one and get a literal blue screen of death at 80m or even 5m depths using one.

I'm more into colourfull fish, coral reefs and very big fish then deep diving and wrecks so going that deep is not so important to me.

One thing its missing is an LCD back door which I find very handy for underwater use.
They do have one, which is still in development. The dive shop was pressure testing a housing with one assessing window "flex". Apparently the testing went well.

That's great... but i still think 300ft is too limiting.
I shoot a lot of videos with my goPro
[video=youtube;IGiId61ilS0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGiId61ilS0&feature=g-upl&context=G25ad0caAUAAAAAAAAAA[/video]

a 100ft gain over the factory casing is still better than nothing

Back
Top Bottom