Fantastic gear bag and source!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ColdH2OisNot4Me

Registered
Reaction score
First let me state that I am in no way affiliated, compensated or benefitting from this recommendation.

I just found this gear bag on-line, ordered one, received it and marvel at it's usefulness. The High Sierra AT359 has a drop bottom that comfortably fits fins up to 29 1/2 inches long including a full foot pocket. It has tons of packing space and takes the airline size limit right up to the max. You might be fitting more than the 50 allowable pounds for economy class travel on most airlines.

I was absolutely shocked when I called luggage guru and the phone was answered by a human voice. Don't these people know everything is supposed to be routed to call centers in India? That customer service is virtually non-existent today? Give Chris or Charlie a call at 1-888-358-GURU and you'll receive friendly helpful assistance.

The High Sierra AT359 is $123.95 (list is $280.00) with free shipping and you can view the specs on the unit by going to:

http://www.luggageguru.com/store/detail.html?sku=63600

Happy Travels!

Thanks! It looks awesome and it just so happens I was in the market. Have you gotten yours yet? How's the construction? Does it look sturdy? Since the new weight restricitons came into effect, a hard case is difficult when you have to packs two sets of gear. Do you think this bag would protect BC's from getting punctured?
Let me know, Id like to order one before they run out!
Susan

WOW does that thing weigh 16 lbs by itself????? Great... now I'm down to 34 lbs of gear. Love the look. don't want to give up any of my stuff because it weighs that much....

CheddarChick:
WOW does that thing weigh 16 lbs by itself????? Great... now I'm down to 34 lbs of gear. Love the look. don't want to give up any of my stuff because it weighs that much....

I was thinking the same thing. I love the look and concept, but did think it weighed in a bit heavy at 16lbs.

I too am in the market for something new, my current one is getting pretty beat up, but then again I have had it about 8 years.

Here's a bigger one made by the same company, and lots cheaper:

High Sierra Bag

Plus, it's only 11 lbs. versus 16....

While we're tossing in High Sierra bags, here's the one I recently picked up - actually two of them - one for my wife and myself: http://www.luggagefactory.com/cgi-bin/shopper.cgi?preadd=action&key=S179-AT202

Also 11 lbs, but slightly bigger (20" wide instead of only 16"). I love it. I can fit my BC in the bottom compartment, my fins and reg bag in the top compartment, my save a dive kit in the right side pocket (facing towards the wheels if upright) and my mask in the left pocket (towards the handle if upright). The only thing I haven't figured out how to shove in there is my tank :p

edit: oh, btw, you can also find this elsewhere online for $95 and luggagefactory will price match it to $90 if I remember correctly.

The bags look nice but save your money and get a junior sized hockey bag with wheels. I got mine for $35 and it has just as much usable room (probably more) as the bags above at a quarter of the price. It also fits the new airline size restrictions.

ColdH2Oisnot for me- I'm in the market for just such a bag- and the thing I like about yours is that it has been reviewed and appears very well constucted. My biggest conern is the bag getting punctured. Although none are bullet proof, the less espensive Walmart ones and the one that looks just like it that I got at BJ's last year for $40 bucks look like they would tear much more easily.
I checked with High Sierra, and your bag is supposed to weigh only 12.3 pounds, not 16, which is what one of the e-retailers erroneously lists on thier site .
I weighed a Probe men's BC, and Isla women's BC, and two sets of Apollo fins- 30 pounds- plus the 12.3 for the bag is 43 lbs, and would leave 7 lbs for booties, hoods and 3ml shorties or fulls. So, I think this bag is a great idea since it will never seee my reg setup or camera anyway. As previously stated, they ride in coach along with me. We need a bag to pack two sets of gear, so if you were one person, this would still be awesome. I looked around and you can get it as cheap as $107 online with free shipping. Delsey also makes a good looking Helium Rolling duffel for a little more and weighs in at 11 lbs, still with Ballistic nylon, but no dropped bottom.
Anyway, of you have the time, thismay sound silly, but throw the bag on your bathroom scale while it's empty and let me know what it actually does weigh. It may notbe exact, but it'll tell us if it's closer to 12 or 16-
I would love to buy this bag.............and I need it pretty soon!
PS- what color did you buy????

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom