Fantasea Blueray Sport- 6061 (700 Lumens) Underwater Video Light

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubadivingtom

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I am thinking about buying 2
Fantasea Blueray Sport- 6061 (700 Lumens) Underwater Video Light to use with the GoPro Hero 3 Black camera. 2 of them with 12" arms and tray are only $371. I don't want to spend a lot of money. Has anyone tried them?
clear1x1.gif

blech,

meh.

pukah.

YMMV you get what you pay for. These look like a waste of time though. Don't bother

Lol. Thanks
I will go without.
I only get to go on 1 or 2 trips a year. Not worth putting out $2000 for a video set up.

no way to easily mount to arms. There is an optional adapter for YS type mounts. $

CR123 batteries are going to cost you a fortune in the long run, or you can buy the Optional Li-ion pack $$$

The Fantasea LEDs are 6000K, which is more of a yellowish hue than the SOLA 600 that burns crisper white at 7100K.

Same beam angle of 75 degrees, but if you add up all the optional equipment, you've taken a cheap light and made some cobbled together mish-mash, and spending just as much for a "real" compact video lighting system.

Fantasea Line BlueRay Sport Underwater Video Light 6061 B&H

good in depth review:

Sola 600 Review

I bought 2 Sola 600 lights for $269 each when they were closing them out, and replacing them with the 800. The 1200 is tempting as it is noticably bright when held next to a 600, but like others I don't want to spend over $1000 on lighting. My Twin 600's work just fine.

I think the thread starter was going to buy the lights with arms and tray as a $371 package. Not a bad price as long as it includes the mounts. The optional lithium battery and charger would be the wise way to go. Figure an additional $25 for that. Still not a bad lighting system for $400.

I prefer non propriety unsealed batteries . Don't like being forced to send my light back to the mfr. for a new battery. I also prefer 6000k to 7100k light color. 6000k is less blue. L&M Sola are good lights and they have many fans. It is nice to have options. If forces mfr's to build better and more affordable products.

All this being said, for open water daytime shooting with the GoPro, I use just a filter 90% of the time. The lights being considered would be useful for night dives, caves, under ledges.

Thanks again, I'm really enjoying my Ronscuba Filter, amazing technology for the price, you did extensive research and development on it and it out shines all others for clearness, While I'm using it you don't even know it's there it's sooooo light weight!

Hi
Have a look at the Archon lights. If you are lucky you will found the V32DR (1400 lum) for 140$ or the new V38DR for around 250$. with any tray it's a better deal.

While we all have our favorites and new and improved technology shows up.

Qasar, got a weblink to review those Archon lights? I can't find them even with google

Back
Top Bottom