Fantasea Blueray Sport- 6061 (700 Lumens) Underwater Video Light

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have one of those on the photo rig as focus light
Epoque World : products-LED photolight EL-1000L HP A105
What I don't like of those archon is that they are very heavy in water to the point that for long arms you need 3/4" locline or ball clamp system
This epoque is only 120 grams negative and the colour of the light is 7000K with 1000 lumens, in UK sells around $225 (including sales tax so around $188 net) this would be a cheap light of choice

The advantage of the sola is that they are spot/flood and only 90 grams negative so they can be easily used with 1/2" locline, what you spend in the light you save in the arms and you also do not need a dive light anymore, of course entry price is high

Last edited:
1) buy that whole package of twin lights and tray.

2) shoot a buttload of underwater video.

3) do creative editing.

4) will love to see your videos with the lighting beam spread, both above and below water?

happiness is just a VISA card away............don't leave home without it.....................what are you waiting for???

I will say though, in my past experiences only, and not to bash them, but that Fantasea is a cheaper line of gear "all in all"..........it's no Ikelite, or SOLA, or brand XYZ, but once again, as I've learned over many years..........there is no free Pony, and you get what you pay for.

As Nike Says, Just Do It.

I have lived, and I am still learning. After years of spending a lot of money on quipment just to have it obsolete in only a short time. I am only shooting for memories. If I went on more than a couple trips a year it would be different. If you don't think it will work I will just take my Go Pro on day dives with a filter.
Thanks

Last edited:
A bit late to answer RockyHeap.
I just bought two Archon W58VR for 138US$ each with battery and charger. To see them ARCHON
Weight is 430g with battery, but I don't know which kind of buoyancy they have. I intend to mount them (may be only one, will see) on the SRP tray.
If you are interrested my POC is:
Sherry Luo
Xiware Technologies Ltd
D.Line: +86-755-29462596
M.P.:+86-13632872504
Email:sherry@xiwarelight.com

I have lived, and I am still learning. After years of spending a lot of money on quipment just to have it obsolete in only a short time. I am only shooting for memories. If I went on more than a couple trips a year it would be different. If you don't think it will work I will just take my Go Pro on day dives with a filter.
Thanks

I'd just go with your gut on this. I have zero experience with the lights you're talking about but that sounds like a fair price for the whole set-up and I see no reason why it won't do a real nice job of enhancing your videos. LED technology is moving faster than any of us can keep up with. Remember when the good ol'e Mag Lights were the cats pajamas as far as flashlights go. I recently tossed a perfectly good one in the trash because the new LED mini tach lights blow it away. These new little 250 lumen lights are a 3 pack for $20 at Costco and run for "almost" ever on 3 AAA's (included).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom