Family Friendly Dive Resort

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mogul-man

Reaction score
Hi all. I'm new to this forum. I haven't been diving in 10 years but want to get back into it and introduce my children (11 & 16) to the wonders of the sea. I'm looking for a family friendly dive resort in the Carribean over Thanksgiving. All suggestions and comments welcome. Thanks

Welcome to the board!
Can't help ya but somebody will.

Joe

mogul-man:
Hi all. I'm new to this forum. I haven't been diving in 10 years but want to get back into it and introduce my children (11 & 16) to the wonders of the sea. I'm looking for a family friendly dive resort in the Carribean over Thanksgiving. All suggestions and comments welcome. Thanks

Welcome to the board. I would say that the Caymans or USVI would be a good place. Bonaire would be great. For ease maybe Bonaire, for more excitement something like Sting Ray City in Grand Cayman would get those young divers excited about underwater life and after all if it's family fun your after that's my 2 cents :eyebrow:

Dive Safe,
Caymaniac

caymaniac:
Welcome to the board. I would say that the Caymans or USVI would be a good place. Bonaire would be great. For ease maybe Bonaire, for more excitement something like Sting Ray City in Grand Cayman would get those young divers excited about underwater life and after all if it's family fun your after that's my 2 cents :eyebrow:

Dive Safe,
Caymaniac
Bonaire is a great place, but getting there can be an issue at times with the air service. Traveling with kids might make it more of an adventure as well. If your kids travel well, they will flip when they see what's U/W in Bonaire. You can learn much and get great info about it at www.bonairetalk.com from the ones who know. I have experience with Eden Beach resort and WannaDive and am sure they have a program for children to get introduced to scuba. Many other resorts there offer kids programs. If not Bonaire, look into Cayman or Nassau as they are closer to you and will no doubt have something kid-oriented. Good luck in your search.

If you want a all inclusive Beaches is the family version of Sandals and are based all over the Carribean.

When my husband and I introduced our children of 12 and 14 to diving, we went to Beaches in Turks. It was incredible and a great experience for all of us. We would all go again if the airfare wasn't so high. Our six year old can't wait to dive. Especially, since she watched all of us on a movie they made for us on one of our dives while we were there. Since then our kids have been diving in Jamaica and Dominican Republic. Good luck I hope your kids enjoy it as much as ours did!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom