Fall GLWC M&G - Save the date: October 19-21, 2012

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I might go but have classes on Saturday (don't get out until 4 and I'm 4 hours away). Would anyone be around on Sunday? Does anyone know of any good hotel prices nearby?

Most pull out fairly early on Sun. Usually I'm the last to leave about 1:00.

Most pull out fairly early on Sun. Usually I'm the last to leave about 1:00.

+1

Most folks pack up and head out Sunday morning. Some get in a dive Sunday, but it typically seems to be a minority. I plan on getting in at least 1 dive Sunday and staying through to early afternoon. I'll probably follow Denny out. :D

+1

Most folks pack up and head out Sunday morning. Some get in a dive Sunday, but it typically seems to be a minority. I plan on getting in at least 1 dive Sunday and staying through to early afternoon. I'll probably follow Denny out. :D

Since I'm not planning on getting to Gilboa until Sat morning, Cindy and I will be doing some dives at least on Sunday morning before we head out as well. Especially if the weather is nice! :)

Since I'm not planning on getting to Gilboa until Sat morning, Cindy and I will be doing some dives at least on Sunday morning before we head out as well. Especially if the weather is nice! :)

I hear it's supposed to be a beautiful weekend. :wink:

right now i'm planning on diving friday, saturday, and a dive sunday....Dee will be diving as well....we'll just be taking turns so that one of or the other can watch the baby....but we'll be there all three days.

Most people do pull out Sunday, late AM or early PM.

One year I harassed poor Cam to get in a second dive with me Sunday.

I have not stayed at the Drury Inn(yet).

I am a cheapskate so stay at the Rodeway Inn. Around 46 dollars a night. Plus or minus a few.
It is not the Ritz but more than satisfactory. Clean. Quiet.

I pull one of the chairs out of my room and sit outside with a cigar and an adult beverage and then crash.

I can be pretty easy to harass into diving......well that is dives with purpose!
Had some good dives late this season with Dave, Barrie, and others.
Skills are coming along and new gear working very well!
Going to be an interesting winter!
So, so, so ready for the smell of north FL and the first splash of spring water on my face!

The every night dreams have started the one time I look forward to sleeping!
The last thing I am thinking about is darkness being illuminated down a passage!
Waking from a dream twisting into Cow Spring is rather depressing and hilarious at the same time!
Not always easy to explain to your wife!

CamG

Waking from a dream twisting into Cow Spring is rather depressing and hilarious at the same time!

Cow Spring is hands down my favorite cave dive location to date. Last time we were down there we had the cave all to ourselves for the entire day. Some very memorable dives!

Hey, if anyone plans on attempting to earn the Grimace Head Diver cert card, post your name here. I will bring cards with me, but YOU MUST EARN THAT CARD! before it will be awarded.

Requirements: Must be AOW - have redundant air - and file a deep dive plan.

This is the only FREE cert card you'll ever earn.

Two step process: (1)Be led to the Grimace by a card carrier
(2)Lead a card carrier or group with a card carrier to the Grimace Head without any assistance.

---------- Post Merged at 09:46 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 09:38 AM ----------

DSC_0050.jpg Here's what you can earn.

Hey, if anyone plans on attempting to earn the Grimace Head Diver cert card, post your name here. I will bring cards with me, but YOU MUST EARN THAT CARD! before it will be awarded.

Requirements: Must be AOW - have redundant air - and file a deep dive plan.

This is the only FREE cert card you'll ever earn.

Two step process: (1)Be led to the Grimace by a card carrier
(2)Lead a card carrier or group with a card carrier to the Grimace Head without any assistance.

---------- Post Merged at 09:46 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 09:38 AM ----------

View attachment 136134 Here's what you can earn.

Is following Gilboa deep dive policy required or optional? :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom