Factory second DUI dry suits?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ae3753

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Looking at eBay recently, and noticed a variety of "factory second" DUI suits. Wondering if anyone had any info. Some seem to be attractively priced (at least right now).

Thanks.

Each suit is unique. You have to inquire to find out why it is a factory "Second". You can get some super deals.

Some are custom sized, slight blems, convention displays, etc..

Many suits aren't stock size (custom fit return) So, you should know exact your body measures and ask the suit size in detail (not simply M, L, XL, ....) The deal doesn't come with any accessories, such as boot and bag, etc.... In addition, the warranty only comes with one year on the body materials except the latex seal etc..... compared to 7 years warranty.

So, it is risk enough getting one of those suits without trying it on.

Of course, there is always trade off!

My 2 cent.

hoosier:
Many suits aren't stock size (custom fit return) So, you should know exact your body measures and ask the suit size in detail (not simply M, L, XL, ....) The deal doesn't come with any accessories, such as boot and bag, etc.... In addition, the warranty only comes with one year on the body materials except the latex seal etc..... compared to 7 years warranty.

So, it is risk enough getting one of those suits without trying it on.

Of course, there is always trade off!

My 2 cent.

TRUE.

BUT.............My CF200x has served me well and was a near perfect fit. Send the seller your measurements and ask them to check if it'll fit.
I'm asuming that your talking about "DIVEUS"........in which case they are the approved DUI reseller. They are bound by the same rules as other DUI sellers.I've had no problems with them and I order from the USA although I live in England !!!

Another way is to get the suit number and ask DUI if it'll fit you, as they keep all the measurements on file this will be an easy thing for them to do and in my case I got an answer in about 30 minutes, I then bid on the suit and had it the very next week{paid the starting price}
They also DO come with extras and are sold as if they came from a shop charging twice the price.

Ask lots of questions and only buy from a member with near perfect feedback. Also insist on the number being given to you as this is a way to check that the suit is real, fits, age, not stolen and if it's had repairs done to it.

Thanks for all the feedback, especially about checking the number for the sizing! Really appreaciate it.

factory second drysuits are usually called semi-dry suits..

ae3753:
Thanks for all the feedback, especially about checking the number for the sizing! Really appreaciate it.

No Problem!!!
Any one who doesn't answer your questions or provide more photos{well worth asing for a lot more photos}

One mans experiance:
I bought one of the factory sconds from USDIVE. I saw it on ebay and called USDIVE to find out what a factory second was. In my case, the suit was never used and was a "second" becase they updated the design. The new model's zipper is 2 inches longer. When I called USDIVE, they had two in stock. The were able to better the minimum ebay price by $50. So I did not buy it from ebay, but from USDIVE directly. They also stated that i could return it if it did not fit. The date of manufacture was ~14 months before I bought it. It came with Rock Boots & wax/poweder, but no bag. The suit is stock, with no mods. Best diving gear buy I have ever made. My suit is the CLX-450. I saved ~$1300 over full retail, thats $650 per zipper inch :eyebrow:

SCUBA_Phil:
One mans experiance:
I bought one of the factory sconds from USDIVE. I saw it on ebay and called USDIVE to find out what a factory second was. In my case, the suit was never used and was a "second" becase they updated the design. The new model's zipper is 2 inches longer. When I called USDIVE, they had two in stock. The were able to better the minimum ebay price by $50. So I did not buy it from ebay, but from USDIVE directly. They also stated that i could return it if it did not fit. The date of manufacture was ~14 months before I bought it. It came with Rock Boots & wax/poweder, but no bag. The suit is stock, with no mods. Best diving gear buy I have ever made. My suit is the CLX-450. I saved ~$1300 over full retail, thats $650 per zipper inch :eyebrow:

Same here{well almost} mine's a DUI CF200X with DIR style pockets and pee valve................all up $1150. I got a "free" vented hood and boots to fit. Mine was made 12 months prior to buying but HEY who cares for that price!!!
Fits like a glove and dry as a bone.

I personally just picked up a TLS350 for $899.00 a few days ago. Brand new with seals uncut. TWO hip pockets, and all the factory goodies. A stock large, which is my size. At that price get two. :)

They allow you to return if it does not fit as mentioned above.

Back
Top Bottom