Factory Reset Oceanic computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

natedawg4081

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I started diving with an Oceanic watch style dive computer. I have since upgraded to the Galileo Sol. I want to pass on the Oceanic to my wife or son. Is there a way to clear the dive profiles on it or factory reset it for when they start using it? It hasn't been used in over 2 years now.

Any reason for doing this? It really won't hurt anything. Usually at about 50 dives, the old data starts to be overwritten with the newer data. Most computers have a "History" function (max depth the computer has been to & total time it has been underwater) that can not be erased. The only way it can be of any danger is if there is nitrogen loading from another person, it may mess up the Nitrogen loading of another individual. After 48 hrs, most computers are clear of that. 2 yrs... no problem.

I just didn't want any of the dive profiles to be downloaded as her dives was all. I guess I won't worry about it.

If you have the book look up battery changing. there may be some cautions regarding no battery for X time, such as loss of dive history and configuration.

Not sure if you can, but if you can upgrade the firmware with Oceanic Oceanlog program, it also resets everything.

Not sure which Oceanic you use but the Veo 2.0 has a Clear function - once you use it you can not regain the data. It is used mostly for Rentals in LDS's.
Page 44 on the User Guide - I can not copy and paste it is a PDF that does not allow me to copy...

I have the GEO 2.0. I will check the manual and try the battery trick tonite when I get home.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom