faber vs worthington

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

barrmust

Contributor
Reaction score
I see that a worthington lp-85 actualy holds 82.7 cf of gas. anyone know what a faber lp-85 really holds? both at 2650 psi.

Russ

Who said that.

It is the same quantity, 85 CF.

Here are the specs that I got from Blue Steel:
L85DVB 2640psi 13liter 793cuin 85cuft 25.98lb 7.01dia 31.2lbs
bouyancy -3.80full / 2.32empty

Note: All diameters and weights are nominal.
Lengths and weights do not include valve and boot.
*Cubic foot capacities listed are nominal and actual volume depends on settled pressure, temperature and gas being filled.

The bouyancy is also without the weight of the valve. Add 2lbs

actually the Worthington holds 82.9 cf @2640 according to the latest hydro information provided to us by Worthington.

Hey Russ:
Neither cylinder holds 85 cuft at 2640 psi.

The Nominal (average) Internal Volume of the Worthington LP85 is 798 cubic inches of water.

As per the Faber website, the Faber 85 is 793 cubic inches (slightly less).

The Worthington LP85 is (approx) 82.9 cuft and the Faber 85 is (approx) 82.4 cuft when both cylinders are filled to 2640 psi.

barrmust:
I see that a worthington lp-85 actualy holds 82.7 cf of gas. anyone know what a faber lp-85 really holds? both at 2650 psi.

Russ

Leadking:
actually the Worthington holds 82.9 cf @2640 according to the latest hydro information provided to us by Worthington.

that is my undesrtanding as well

barrmust:
http://www.xsscuba.com/tank_steel_specs.html

If you go to xs scuba the distributor for worthington the specs are 82.7 cf (@ 10% over or 2640) for the lp-85. so does anyone know what a faber lp-85 really holds? from what i have read it is common for scuba cylindar size to be rounded off.

Russ

Sorry Russ...

You''re right. Most divers on the board have been misinformed so far...:no

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom