Faber HP 100 HDG for $363 w/free shipping... TGTBT?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pretty good price, about the same as they were years ago when you couldn’t get them at all, thanks to whoever got the supply chain back up and running.

I paid $329.95 per tank, on July 12 from LeisurePro, current hydro. VIP was $25 for both tanks. With Bidenflation, I suspect every time they get a new shipment in the prices will go up accordingly.
The $363 is what I paid back on June 27, and what I’ve been seeing them listed for on the website all along. I‘m wondering if in store pricing is a “we don’t have to ship it to you“ price?

The $363 is what I paid back on June 27, and what I’ve been seeing them listed for on the website all along. I‘m wondering if in store pricing is a “we don’t have to ship it to you“ price?

Almost certainly that's the case. Today Force-E is selling these for $450 in store including the VIP and they typically throw in a number of fills. Not a bad price and not much more than what I paid in total when you factor in the additional fills they typically throw in. But $355 including VIP at LeisurePro in-store ... that is a screaming good price.

No. I had to make 2 attempts to pick up the doubles, the first attempt was on Pride day and I have never seen so many streets closed in Manhattan ever. I spent 3 hours in the car and never got near their shop. I didn't have it shipped due to I wanted it fully assembled, which as you know, won't happen when any shop ships doubles. Second pick up attempt all went smoothly. LeisurePro/Scuba currently has no vendor for Hydro testing, they are working that out, I am waiting for the call that they have a new Hydro vendor and to bring in the doubles I just bought on this website.

Also, we are comparing the original posters ad of 100 cu ft tanks to the price of the HDG LP 85s that I bought, so not really a good comparison. I don't know if his 100 cu tank is HDG or not. I waited 4 months for the tanks to finally come in and they honored the price of when I ordered the tanks, t=not the higher price of when their shipment came in and I picked them up.

I just keep accumulating more dive gear and not get any time in the water. Maybe in September I can go down to Florida and get some Tech training and hit a bunch of wrecks. I wonder if Landon would give me a TDI Extended Range Air class ?

One of my LDS, DXDivers has hdg hp 117s for $399. Considering its an additional $15 for the vip: $363.50+$15=$378.50. I don't mind paying an extra $20.50 to support my LDS that's given me great service and pays taxes here.

I really want to support my LDS but they're asking like $500 around here for these.
Even DGX, which is local to me, has them priced at $434 without shipping
That's nuts. Yeah, If I were you I'd go with the Scuba.com tanks, knowing that you'll likely have to pay for a VIP & fill.

I checked my LDS for pricing and found them to be the same price as Scuba.com for HP120s, so I bought there. There's considerable variation locally. Another LDS has a large annual Scuba sale. I checked pricing on HP100s when I walked through. Even with this shop's discounted pricing during their sale, my preferred LDS had lower prices on the exact same tanks.

With the HP100s there is a supply and demand issue. Other than AL80s, HP100s are by far the most preferred tank. When talking steels, HP100s may outsell all of the other sizes combined.

I was going to buy a used tank that looks like it was born in 2000, but I didn't trust myself enough to do a good inspection before purchasing. So I opted for one of these from scuba.com. However, I clicked on the painted tank instead of HDG. I need it for a dive, so I kept it instead of exchanging. I don't know how they do it, but ground UPS from them to me (Utah) always arrives overnight.

Packaging is really good with the boot stuffed with shipping paper and inverted over the neck of the bottle. The valve comes in a separate box and is well packaged.

Just curious as to why a brand new tank would even require a VIP sticker? Seems like any tank should not need it's first VIP sticker until it's a year older than it's "born on" stamped hydro date.

I bought those exact tanks a year ago and they are great. As others said, you’ll need a local VIP along with the sheepish feeling of having “not supported the LDS”.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom