F-2 Sizing Guide

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just bought a pair from Scubatoys. Scubatoys' web site lists the following sizes only: Small, Regular, Large, Extra Large. I wear a size 9-1/2 shoe or size 10 running shoe, so I figured Regular would be better than Small. They just arrived today, and the foot pocket is HUGE. For 90% of my diving, I wear thin tropical (1 or 2 mm) booties. On rare occasion I dive temperate water and wear 5 mm booties. I will probably never wear a drysuit within the lifetime of these fins. The F2 appealed to me because I do a lot of traveling, and it's advertised as a travel fin. Should I exchange them for Small?

By the way, although Scubatoys lists only the sizes above, the bottoms of the fins are stamped with "Medium-Large." If I had known that Hollis characterizes these as "Medium-Large," I wouldn't have ordered what Scubatoys calls "Regular."

The guys at Scubatoys are great about exchanges, but I am going diving next week and need to do this ASAP. So, would a Small be better for me?

I just bought a pair from Scubatoys. Scubatoys' web site lists the following sizes only: Small, Regular, Large, Extra Large. I wear a size 9-1/2 shoe or size 10 running shoe, so I figured Regular would be better than Small. They just arrived today, and the foot pocket is HUGE. For 90% of my diving, I wear thin tropical (1 or 2 mm) booties. On rare occasion I dive temperate water and wear 5 mm booties. I will probably never wear a drysuit within the lifetime of these fins. The F2 appealed to me because I do a lot of traveling, and it's advertised as a travel fin. Should I exchange them for Small?

By the way, although Scubatoys lists only the sizes above, the bottoms of the fins are stamped with "Medium-Large." If I had known that Hollis characterizes these as "Medium-Large," I wouldn't have ordered what Scubatoys calls "Regular."

The guys at Scubatoys are great about exchanges, but I am going diving next week and need to do this ASAP. So, would a Small be better for me?

as far as I'm aware they only come in three sizes, small, regular and xtra large. I have no idea where medium large comes from. I've said many times the sizing in these fins is wonky. I have the small, it's stamped small, they too are huge. I'm a size 6 with 5mm boots. Someone else mentioned that they look like they are designed more for drysuit boots, based on my experience would have to agree, the foot pocket is very generous indeed. Hopefully Nick will give some less confusing advice. If the ones you have are huge on you seems like you have no choice than to trade down a size. Good luck.

OK so finally got to try some on. Both the wife and I were sizing while wearing 5mm boots. That way we can use the same size fins no matter what we are diving - dry, wet, warm or cold water.

Anyway, the wife fit perfectly into a Small with the booties. She wears size 6 wetsuit boots.
I fit into an XLarge with one side of the fin strap moved to the tighter position. I wear size 9 boots.

No idea what the Medium is for.

Last edited:
OK so finally got to try some on. Both the wife and I were sizing while wearing 5mm booties. That way we can use the same size fins no matter what we are diving - dry, wet, warm or cold water.

Anyway, the wife fit perfectly into a Small with the booties. She wears size 6 booties.
I fit into an XLarge with one side of the fin strap moved to the tighter position. I wear size 9 booties.

No idea what the Medium is for.

does your wife wear wetsuit boots? I'm surprised they fit, I'm the same size and the 29cm spring that came with my F2s was too long even on tightest setting, I ended up with a 24cm spring with total set at 26.5cms.

does your wife wear wetsuit boots? I'm surprised they fit, I'm the same size and the 29cm spring that came with my F2s was too long even on tightest setting, I ended up with a 24cm spring with total set at 26.5cms.

Clarified my post. I meant wetsuit boots when I typed booties for some reason. Yes we both wear wetsuit boots.

Thanks, people. It seems pretty clear I need Small, though my feet are fairly normal sized for an adult male (US Shoe Size 9.5-10). The ones that Scubatoys.com advertises as "Regular" indeed have the following size notation molded into the bottoms by the manufacturer: "Medium-Large". This is a screwy sizing system.

Thanks for the clarification. I'm still surprised they fitted.

Yeah it's strange. Based on this thread, I was expecting them to be massive on her but they weren't. I will say that there WAS a gap on the side of the boots at the back of the fin, but it didn't seem to cause any issues. I stood and tried to get the fin to move sideways while it was on her foot, but it was locked solid. Her boot was well and truly wedged in there. I guess we'll see what happens underwater although I am not expecting any issues.

Back
Top Bottom