EZ-cutter in carry on?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Probably someone has, whether they were aware of it or not. Assuming TSA detects it, I cannot imagine TSA would allow it. No way.

I take mine out. If they find it, at best, they'll make you check it or throw it in the trash. They may make a scene if they get the idea that it was "artfully concealed" by virtue of being ceramic.

You will not be able to carry it on, especially because the blades are removable, replaceable, and quite large. With that said, I have accidentally flown with it in my carry on and it was undetected through 3 airports on the way to my destination - San Francisco, Hong Kong, and Singapore. I was floored when I got to my destination and forgot it was attached to my dive computer in my carry on. Oops!

Has anyone ever carried an EZ-cutter or like in carry on?

Unintentionally as one of them is mounted to my dive computer. I have done it more than once and haven't had a problem. I try to remember to remove it though.

You will not be able to carry it on, especially because the blades are removable, replaceable, and quite large. With that said, I have accidentally flown with it in my carry on and it was undetected through 3 airports on the way to my destination - San Francisco, Hong Kong, and Singapore. I was floored when I got to my destination and forgot it was attached to my dive computer in my carry on. Oops!

This reminds me of a plane trip I took to Texas the October after the 911 attack on the twin towers. Once I was at the hotel, I opened my briefcase and a set of box cutters fell out. I had stuffed them in my briefcase some time in the past and never thought of them again. When they fell out, I got the cold sweats. I just threw them away as I didn't have any bags to check.

Back
Top Bottom