Exuma Short notice need a place to stay

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diverrick

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
We just found out I had time off in two weeks. We have a liveaboard booked, but the flights are not working out, so we are going in a day early, and staying a day longer at the end. Now we need a place to overnight on Exuma. Any advise? We would love to stay at one of the luxury resorts, but we are on a budget, so the cheaper the better,, as long as there is A/C I am cool. Need quick responses, as time is running out quickly.. HELP!!!!
Thanks.

If you are staying in Georgetown, you can stay at Club Peace & Plenty. It's decent, but not fancy by any means, but the rooms re air conditioned. The biggest minus is on Fri. nights they have a DJ playing very loud music until the wee hours of the morning in the courtyard. All rooms have a patio to the courtyard. I was dead tired & slept right through it. My buddy, however, did not. I was there about 2yrs ago going on a trip on the Caribbean Explorer I. The room ran about $90 +taxes. If you want something much nicer & quieter there in ST. Francis Resort across the sound. We ate dinner there when we got back to shore off of the CEXI. Very nice place with excellent food. We did not stay there, but were very impressed with thte service. It is run by a family & has a family type atmosphere. They have a water taxi to take guests back & forth across the sound. Since we didn't stay there, I can't say what their rooms run. You might be able tofind it online.

Last edited:
I'm not sure if it is still there, but when I worked for Nekton and we were based in George Town, we always stayed at Two Turtles Inn. It's not fancy but it was clean, cheap, had AC, and was very centrally located.

Make sure to try the cracked conch at Eddie's Edgewater and the conch salad or conch burgers at Club P&P.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom