Extension hose for wireless air transmitter

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yes, but that is only since they did the recall of the transmitters...before the recall there was no spool that I recall.

-Z

The above is incorrect. One has always needed to use a spool between the transmitter and hose. It has never been the case that the transmitter does not need it because it does not swivel. The o-ring that is on the transmitter is only for a seal between the transmitter and the first HP port. The fact that it can mate with the HP hose does remove the need for a spool.

I think it is case that Suunto now includes a spool specifically for their transmitters.

The above is incorrect. One has always needed to use a spool between the transmitter and hose. It has never been the case that the transmitter does not need it because it does not swivel. The o-ring that is on the transmitter is only for a seal between the transmitter and the first HP port. The fact that it can mate with the HP hose does remove the need for a swivel.

I think it is case that Suunto now includes a spool specifically for their transmitters.

Thanks...I am not afraid to admit when I am wrong...I just honestly don't remember having a spool in there before sending my transmitter off for the recall but with so many responses stating it is required for use with a hose, I must have had one in there and just not correctly recalled that.

-Z

Back
Top Bottom