Extending bottom time with AL80s

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

To the OP - given the questions and comments/ideas you've posted here, I would strongly suggest you consider some tech training. Proper instruction in gear configuration and gas planning are essential for deeper and/or longer diving, and will be the difference between an inconvenience and a tragedy in a situation when things start to unravel. In deeper/longer diving, particualrly when diving with stages and having to manage separate gas supplies, error chains can be very short - meaning what starts off as a relatively minor issue can turn deadly very quickly.

You've recieved some excellent advice here regarding both gear configuration options as well as some procedural comments, but I'll say it again - please get some training if you plan to extend depth and/or time requiring more than a single 80.

As for your diving buddies, if they already have the appropriate training, they should know that any dive is always conducted to the skill level and abilities of the least experienced, or planned with the diver with the smallest gas supply.

Hope that helps.

Lee

Double the 80s.

Cost is only a couple dive charters, esp. if you get a used plate and wing. I'd skip the bow bands, and find some new buddies as well.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom