Extended Warranty

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rjdiver

Contributor
Reaction score
Do many people purchase the extended warranty with their camera? I am looking at a C5050. B&H offers the Olympus 2 year extension for $39.99 and a Mack 5 year total for $49.99. Does anyone have any experience with the Mack Warranty?

I normally don't buy an extended warranty, but it might be a good deal for an digital camera with the electronics involved. I bought one with a Palm PDA and after 1 year, it stopped working, so I got an upgrade for free.

Any advice?

Rob

well it depends, personally i have read the fine print and any accidental damage isnt covered so thats not going to cover it, plus mack is just going to test it then send it on to the manufacture as they dont want to mess with electronics as complicated as a digital.

I would buy the oly one before the mack because after 3 years i probably wouldnt be using that camera anymore as i will have probably moved on to another camera.

for me i would rather spend the extra couple of dollars to protect it nowthen not to and need it a couple of days out of warrenty like i did with my first laptop.

FWIW

Tooth

rjdiver:
Do many people purchase the extended warranty with their camera? I am looking at a C5050. B&H offers the Olympus 2 year extension for $39.99 and a Mack 5 year total for $49.99. Does anyone have any experience with the Mack Warranty?

I normally don't buy an extended warranty, but it might be a good deal for an digital camera with the electronics involved. I bought one with a Palm PDA and after 1 year, it stopped working, so I got an upgrade for free.

Any advice?

Rob

I'm also an eBay maniac - so everything I purchase I buy with a forward looking eye on its potential resale. Although MACK warranties are not underwritten or administered by any of the nation's recognizable companies - it is transferrable to the new owner for (I believe) $15. I believe the Oly warranty, again not underwritten (and they self-admin) is NOT transferrable and only covers the camera for the original owner.

Check into transferability. No way you'll own a digital camera for five years. Well. no way I would. Keep the box and all the bags and packing, and in a few years, you can upgrade and sell this one on eBay with a 3 year ESP!

K

thanks mo2vation i forgot about that, i just reread my mack warrenty on my fuji602 and its inthere that i could do that for the admin fee. ggod catch on something i missed

Tooth

Back
Top Bottom