extend air CO2 absorbant

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BigJetDriver69:
You've been over there inter-breeding with Polar Bears for far too long!
Yeah, but it kind of grow(l)s on you, y'know. :moose: :viking: :laughing:

fins wake:
Yeah, but it kind of grow(l)s on you, y'know.
:laughing: again !

BJD69, I wonder what does more damage, the cold :eek: water or the :moose: ?

Fins,
I'm thinking they should add that the testing was performed under the impression that (normal) people would be using these cartidges to some extreme but not abnormal conditions :eek:verlord:

BigJetDriver69:
It's obvious! It's not the cold OR the furry ones. It's the awful puns that hurt the most!!! :lol3:

BJD :anakinpod

:laughing: Hyperlaughia - gotta induce it any way you can ! :laughing:

Chris, look at this thread. Those cartridges lighten up any party !
They should sell well as party favors, with cannisters as kegs to really blow the lid off.

Normal IS 4C for most of the worlds rebreather divers!!!!

If a few of you want to actually get wet diving bath water and drive on the wrong side of the road then thats your problem :wink:

Well we know you Pom's have a problem with bathwater anyway, what is it the last Saturday of the month wether you need it or not? Could be why you lot prefer the "chilling" effect of 4C :D

Yeah, but at least we wear drysuits, unlike the Scandinavians who like a nice icy lake in their birthday suit after their Hot sauna's.

Water here is 6C at moment (quite mild this week), we hit the balmy high of 16C last summer!!! Looking forward to some ice diving over the next couple of months.

Testing at 4C would seem to be a very sensible decision to me as this will be nominal bottom temp for a large percentage of dives. Testing CO2 duration at worst case scenario would seem wise as a baseline (as APD did) Then do secondary tests for otehr scenarios like warm later

By the way the APD test results are public domain and are documented in their submission for CE. Scrubber failed at 190 mins at 4C, 40 lpm, 1.6 lpm CO2. Failure was very sudden with very little warning, backing up the idea that if a CO2 alarm is feasable it will be a "Loop Failed, Bail NOW!" alarm. Duration was fairly consistant at this time (No range given)

Next time I speak to Martin I will ask him if he has any more details

As far as I am aware the only facility that can perform depth and temperature testing is DeltaP, needless to say we are all waiting for Martins results on the cartridges, Stephen you are right about the scandahoovians being a wacky crowd, beating themselves with branches jumping into icy lakes, no wonder they consume so much vodka:whip:

Back
Top Bottom