Exposure Suit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Josh818

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
What do you where/use over there? :confused: Are the brand names different, because just like over here we don't like waiting for months to get something shipped to us.

I posted another thread on this earlier to, but I think it was to specific. I just ordered a Typhoon Prosport Dry suit. I was told buy the guy that I bought it from that it was a pretty big name in the UK. Has anyone ever heard of Typhoon before?
Regardless I know I will like it, I'm just curious.

I have seen Typhoon suits over here and they look solid.

There are a number of different brands over here:-

Otter, 0Three, DiveSkin, Protec, PolarBears, Northern Diver, Typhoon, Hammonds, RoHo spring to mind but you can get Whites and DUI for example.

Typhoon is very popular in UK ... it is at the middle to lower level of suits, representing good value for moey.
Availble over the counter in many dive shops - or next day delivery form many on-line sources.

Just bought wife a Typhoon Swarm 3mm Titanium suit yesterday.

Also known as Typhoon Teabags.

Tend to have shoddy build quality, lots of people have leaks and issues with them fairly quickly and their repair service isn't exactly speedy.
I can think of many people that aren't overjoyed with them (probably not what you want to hear).

Main makes are O3, Otter, Northern Diver (eughh), Seaskin, RoHo. Or at least those are the ones i see most of.

My first drysuit was a Typhoo (just so you know Typhoo is popular brand of teabag over here and, strangely, the 'n' is always the first bit of the 'Typhoon' logo on the dry suit to wear off)

Typhoon suits are notorious for developing thousands of tiny perforations, just like teabags!

I think they have improved over the years but they are still at the lower end of the market.

Instructors in the area I work get very good deals on the NDiver suits, so we use them a lot over here. I have one aswell, and I'm OK with the quality, so are colleagues, and we use them intensively (comp. neoprene -CNX2).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom