Exposure Suit Debate

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm very tall 6'7''/6'8'' and need a new exposure suit. Any suggestions for wetsuits/ dry suits for tall people. if it comes to getting one made do i just get a custom dry suit instead of buying a wet suit now and a dry suit in a few years.
I haven't dived in cold waters for a few years, i'm just retuning from lovely tropical diving and want to get diving more here.

You should also check out Pinnacle: they make stock suits to fit people up to 6'10".

Size Chart - Zeagle Dive Systems

Drysuits - Zeagle Dive Systems

Note that not all sizes are available for all products, so check to make sure the size you need is offered in whichever dry or wetsuit you're interested in. There are more sizes available for wetsuits than drysuits.

Guy

Ok..ok, let me elaborate to those that take things way to literal, what I was trying to say to make a point is that compared to other suits, it would feel like no drag. Do you count out the two scoops of raisins in your cereal as well.

Ok..ok, let me elaborate to those that take things way to literal, what I was trying to say to make a point is that compared to other suits, it would feel like no drag. Do you count out the two scoops of raisins in your cereal as well.

To be fair, you are a manufacturer's rep making a performance claim in a public forum, even if a somewhat informal one. You could get nailed by Truth in Advertising laws down the road, if someone wanted to be a jerk. "Noticeably less drag" would seem to be a more acceptable formulation, barring any scientific testing to establish objective data.

Guy (who's tried a Fusion, and will personally, subjectively vouch for "noticeably less drag than a non-custom TLS350, and maybe less drag than a non-custom CF200X, with more flexibility than either")

That being said, again the keyword here being public, to be nailed in truth in advetising laws, you are correct is saying that if someone wanted to be a jerk, they could use that statement as an a argument for making a false claim. But lets be realistic this is a forum for comments, rep's included. so let's not dive off the deep end here and keep things in context. Do we really need to dissect every post. Again you are correct in stating, "noticeably less drag" would be the more acceptable statement.....but serioulsy are we going to be that annal?

The Fusion is a good option. I love mine, and it saves you the potential nightmare of a custom suit that doesn't fit (BTDT).

That being said, again the keyword here being public, to be nailed in truth in advetising laws, you are correct is saying that if someone wanted to be a jerk, they could use that statement as an a argument for making a false claim. But lets be realistic this is a forum for comments, rep's included. so let's not dive off the deep end here and keep things in context. Do we really need to dissect every post. Again you are correct in stating, "noticeably less drag" would be the more acceptable statement.....but serioulsy are we going to be that annal?

1. "advertising"
  2. delete 'a'
  3. "let's"
  4. "So"
  5. "Again,"
  6. "seriously"
  7. "anal"
Guy, President and CEO of Anal-Retentives 'R' Us

(Just ignore me, I'm only goofing around):D

Case in point, no worries already ignored. Some people just need to spend more time underwater, must have a hard time finding dive buddies....(just ignore me, I'm only goofing around)

Viking makes a very economical dry suit called the Exream that comes in sizes you need.

Case in point, no worries already ignored. Some people just need to spend more time underwater, must have a hard time finding dive buddies....(just ignore me, I'm only goofing around)

It's a fair cop!:eyebrow:

Guy

:D Good spirit Guy, all being said the grammar was somewhat horrid..lol. That's why here in the office I have two proof readers...by the way they are both fired.
Doug

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom