exposure compensation?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gaudencio

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
hi,
Maybe you can help me on this.
If i am on manual mode using the 5060wz. My exposure compensation is -3. how can i adjust it to +O. But if i am on the S A mode it can be adjusted to +0.
Thanks in advance.

gaudencio:
hi,
If i am on manual mode using the 5060wz. My exposure compensation is -3. how can i adjust it to +O. But if i am on the S A mode it can be adjusted to +0.
Thanks in advance.
p.126 of the Reference Manual shows the modes where you can adjust it (P, A, and S are three of them).
You might want to look at adjusting your aperture, speed, or strobe intensity to change your exposure. If you adjust your strobe intensity, you'll have to wait until after the picture is taken to see the results instead of seeing the exposure number adjust.

gaudencio:
hi,
Thanks in advance.

What CrateCookie said...

You can't set a value to the exposure compensation in manual mode the way you can in P S or A. In M, the EV is a metered value - you must adjust the shutter speed and/or f-stop to get the value to read 0.

Note: if you are taking a picture that has blue water background, you will want to underexpose the image (EV = -1.7) for a dark blue color.

diver.jpg

yeah ok,
thanks guys. Its just that I like to try the recomended adjustment written in the
splashdown divers-boyton beach FL. and it is said there to adjust compensation to +0. And I sure can't adjust it to 0+.

As Jlyle said... In manual mode, you can't adjust exposure compensation..
'coz you'd already control them yourself by using shutter speed/aperture control to achieve over/under exposure...

Exposure compensation only available in P, A, S mode.. 'coz otherwise, the camera will usually try to set lighting to "Balanced out", i.e. EV 0

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom