Explore Midwest Diving - Mermet Springs 2004

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cortez

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
The next Explore Midwest Diving (EMD) event is going to be held at Mermet Springs this weekend , 28 August 2004.

Although, we call it an event it's really just an excuse to log some bottom time, meet some new people and either dive a new site or return to an old favorite.

We, Midwest Scuba, offer discounts on rental gear as well as demo gear (pre-registration required).

For more information checkout our web-site at http://www.midwestscuba.net/diving.asp or contact me directly.

Hope to see you there!
Terry

I am there.

change in plans...I wont be able to make it now.

change in the change of plans...I was there...had a great time too.

hey T...next time, please remember your shorts when you go diving.

Cortez,

Thanks for setting up the opportunity for us all to get together and do some diving. And especially thanks for the pizza! Enjoyed the good company and fine diving, and fine dining.

theskull

theskull,
It was an absolute pleasure diving with you this weekend. I will have to work on that flutter kick you showed me.

diverbob:
theskull,
It was an absolute pleasure diving with you this weekend. I will have to work on that flutter kick you showed me.

The pleasure was all mine. Good dives.

No getting off the hook, though--if I see that you've mastered the modified flutter I'll be forced to introduce you to the backward frog kick. LOL.

theskull

always something I guess...oh well, like they say, A good diver is always learning.

skull,
I'm glad you enjoyed yourself and it was great to finally meet you. Give up on Bob and the backward frog kick, he's got those Aerie Velocities which will not perform in that role :0

Bob,
Let's never mention the shorts thing again, ok? Besides, you didn't get the show, Eric did.

To the rest of the gang,
Thanks for coming down and making it a fun time. I hope you had as good of a time as I did.

As I mentioned a number of times this weekend this is a newer program and is still being refined. If you have any suggestions, please email or PM me.

Terrry

cortez:
Give up on Bob and the backward frog kick, he's got those Aerie Velocities which will not perform in that role :0

You were probably joking, OK, but I don't understand why divers get told that they can't do all types of kicks with all types of fins. Fortunately for me, I was doing frog kicks and backward kicks with my TwinJets for years before someone thought to tell me it couldn't be done with split fins. Granted, some kicks are a little easier or more efficient with some fin types than others, but they all work.

I dive split fins, paddle fins, long fins, short fins, depending on my mood and what exposure protection I am wearing. My only strong preference is the AquaLung SuperRockets are my default for diving doubles and caves.

theskull

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom