Exploration in Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This may not impact me since I may have to stay at Paradise reef. That might be ok if I can pick the DM to hold my hand. I did notice something.

"Each diver must also have their own SMB and means of deploying it while underwater."

They only require a "SMB" as opposed to a "DSMB." Is that safe enough? :D

"Each diver must also have their own SMB and means of deploying it while underwater." They only require a "SMB" as opposed to a "DSMB." Is that safe enough? :D

Does that mean no one can go? You can't deploy an SMB underwater right? :)

If you read the write-up, Aldora is doing a lot to make the more challenging dives safe. Here is one thing that I believe is a huge item:

"Each diver will be issued a Nautilus UW GPS/Radio with which to communicate and signal the position to the boat and in emergency mode broadcast to the Mexican Coast Guard."

There are plenty of dives in the main diving area where you could be somewhat separated from the group (in visual contact) and the risk of a problem are minimal. Even if you have to ascend totally isolated from the group, the number of other dive boats around should mean no stress.

There are sites like Barracuda where this loose gathering option are not wise. It sounds like the shark dives are even more critical that divers remain close together. Guess what? Stuff happens. Should a diver get separated, the SMB is essential but the Nautilus Lifeline radio provides a backup to a backup to ensure that you are picked up.

Sounds like a fantastic dive....wish I was still in Cozumel...

I browsed Aldora's WWW site, no specific mention was made that I could find on the following details:

1) Aldora uses HP steel 120's and 100's I'm assuming ??? (based on my examination of one photo I saw on their WWW site)
2) does Aldora to all their own tank fills ???

Correct, Aldora uses steel 100s and 120s and has its own fill station.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just as I predicted...looks like "Polar Express:part III" will be in order for The Shark Tank r.s. :D

Dave,
Are you planning on advertising the new Aldora Adventures or just letting it grow by word of mouth? What about doing any TV interviews in the states?

Can't wait. I was thinking I might not get back down until fall, but may not be able to wait that long.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom