Exploding SPGs?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I had a Suunto brand SPG blow its plug about 20 years ago, it was in a 3 gauge console, and the plug ended up behind the compass in the 3rd gauge location. Most regulators just have a "pin hole" on the HP ports, therefore would take a fairly long time to empty a tank, still without a working SPG you don't know how much air is left, and aborting the dive seems the only reasonable option.

Safe if you didn't mind being called "Daddy".

Didn’t you know what BC stood for before it became a bag of air used for Scuba diving?
:)

Ive never seen one blow but still turn it or my head when I pressurize it.I did have an spg start leaking all of a sudden and could hand tighten it[nut underneath the dial]to stop the flow.I learned afterwards to check the tightness of them with wrenches a few times a year.Reg nuts and burst discs as well.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom