Experienced diver / instructor with own boat Key Largo Florida needs diving friends

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jeff S.

New
Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
Hello everybody
I've been a diving instructor since 1980 have certified about 1,000 students. I'm sort of retired living in Key Largo Florida. Just moved here and don't have any friends locally. Have extensive experience diving South Florida with a lot of that off Palm Beach County. Decided to move to Key Largo because it's still close enough to the big city but still has the best diving you can find in the United States. As a crew of one I can't do a whole lot. I have a 28 foot Cruisers yacht set up for diving. I need to find people that like diving that don't mind chipping in for gas. My boat slip is less than 3 miles from Molasses Reef. People are welcome just to ride on the boat and not necessarily have to dive. Technically I'm handicapped with a serious back injury meaning I can't lift heavy weights. So I need help in someone throwing my gear in so I can jump in after it. I'm interested in underwater video, spearfishing, regular fishing and I love Florida lobster. Hoping to have people to go out with me for mini season. I am not a charter service this is my personal boat.

I will move this thread to the Florida forum where it is more likely to gather local interest.

As for me, I spend a couple months in south Florida (Pompano Beach) each winter (mid-January to mid-March), and I could probably be talked into joining you for some dives without a lot of effort.

I used to work as an instructor at scuba Network in Pompano. Spent a lot of training time running in and out of Hillsboro Inlet. Certainly any time you're in the area I'd be more than happy to go out with you. It's not like I have to make a lot of preparations ahead of time because I spend all my time on the boat.

Hi Jeff. How many divers can you accommodate?

I must say, I have yet to have a dive I thought was really good in Key Largo, but maybe not being tied to a commercial boat would remedy that.

We have been wintering just over the line into GA the last couple of years, so making a trip down there for a couple of weeks would be easy enough to do.

I could drive down from pompano any weekend. :) Although, I don't fish or lobster.

I am game. Same, don't fish or lobster.

How do you see it, 2 groups, one dives another minds the boat, then swap. Or anchor the boat, all go in, hope the boat is still anchored?

put me on the list for the future....thanks for keeping me in the loop.

Hello everybody
I've been a diving instructor since 1980 have certified about 1,000 students. I'm sort of retired living in Key Largo Florida. Just moved here and don't have any friends locally. Have extensive experience diving South Florida with a lot of that off Palm Beach County. Decided to move to Key Largo because it's still close enough to the big city but still has the best diving you can find in the United States. As a crew of one I can't do a whole lot. I have a 28 foot Cruisers yacht set up for diving. I need to find people that like diving that don't mind chipping in for gas. My boat slip is less than 3 miles from Molasses Reef. People are welcome just to ride on the boat and not necessarily have to dive. Technically I'm handicapped with a serious back injury meaning I can't lift heavy weights. So I need help in someone throwing my gear in so I can jump in after it. I'm interested in underwater video, spearfishing, regular fishing and I love Florida lobster. Hoping to have people to go out with me for mini season. I am not a charter service this is my personal boat.

Hello Jeff, Steve here and I’ll be staying in Key West from August 27-30. Newly certified SSI ow with only lake experience and no ocean experience but looking forward to it. If interested message me on here. Thx

Just came across your post. I used to fish, but do lobster and take lions. Would love to learn to spear. My gf finishing her OW cert this weekend and intend to dive her face off lol. You need friends with gas $, I need friends with a boat. What a match!

Jim

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom