Expats' dummies own most of dive site's properties

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Your post makes me think you feel all pinoys are trying to make money from foreigners using bad ways. The laws are actually written to protect foreign investors. As an investor myself, I am part of 4 foreign partnered businesses in the Philippines. We all work very hard to make our business a good one. I think you had a bad experience or maybe you feel bad about the Philippines. Please try to be more kind with your writings. It hurts many of us when we read foreigners writing badly about about our country. Maybe I am incorrect in feeling that way but you come over as writing bad about us.

Babydamulag is correct when he says to make the bad businesses leave. Many of us look up to foreign business investors. Without their money and their business sense we would not have what we have today.

I am well aware about business laws, that why I decided NOT to run one here in the PI (had several offers)

the 60/40 law would just push me into using dummies for the signatures AND is the perfect set up to rip the foreigner off when it comes to "crunch-time"...

of course the investment has to be done first by the 40% owner-party.

There are many ways to get the tax-cheaters...

... throwing 150 plus cash-bringing tourists out of their room is insane, ridiculous and for sure is none of them.

That should go into the Guinness book as " the most stupid way to treat visitors of your country".

that is exactly the Philippine hospitality which makes those 150 plus visitors to promote the Philippines until the end of their days.

I wonder how far officials would go to p!@$ off tourists and investors.... nah, there is no ending when it comes to showing off and having the face in the newspaper...to show some "power"

well, sorry if I hurt your feeling, but if kicking tourist out of their hotel and throw them on the street is the way of Filipino officials show their Hospitality to guests of the country...

YES, I will call that stupid anytime

How a law where 60% need to be owned by Filipinos protects the foreigners has to be shined a light on ....

A quick google search for Rhoody will tell you more what I do (next to being partially responsible that foreigners invested Millions in a small area like Negros Oriental, without earning one single centavo from that).

My 8.5 year experience with Filipinos ? fantastic, great, awesome (can be extended with many more positive superlatives)

My 8.5 year experience with officials (with some exceptions) ? the way I would describe it, would not be appropriate for a public board where minors have access to...

Gosh, I really do love PPD!!! When things get poopy and you need an adrenaline hit, a bit of humor or even useful information PPD is always there to scratch that itch. I LOVE YOU GUYS!!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom