Exhaust valve Replacement

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GeronimoDF

Contributor
Reaction score
Hey Guys,
I have a DUI CF200 suit, and wanted to switch to Sitek Valves. Got myself a pair of them, exhaust and inflation. Any hints for people who have done this ? Hints of removing the old valves? Use aquaseal correct?

Danny

The old valves hould just screw off in a normal lefty loosey,righty tighty fashion. Just be sure to hold both sides of the valve so you don't stress the suit when loosening them.

In most cases, the new valves should seal just fine on the rubber rings on the suit without having to resort to aquaseal. Just hand tighten them to the point they are snug and secure. Aqualseal tends to be extremely permanent - far more permanent than the valve you are mounting, so it would actually be pretty far down my list of choices of adheasives if one were needed to seal the valve against the ring.

If on the other hand, you need to replace/install a new mounting ring on the suit to accomodate the new valve (smaller diameter hole required, etc) then Aquaseal would be the way to go.

I say dont use aquaseal it may be a messy job if the valves ever need removing. I recall someone advising to use aquarium caulking from the hardware store thats very flexible and quite freindly if it needs removing.

Chris

Having removed them a few times myself, use silicone seal. Even the best seals will leak if the slightest dent in the suit, depends on the type of suit you have. The silicone seal will be a good friend. Just a little will do it........Bill

I just did this.

I took the si-tech valve and screwed it down as tight as I was willing to torque plastic, no glue. I've got 3 dives on it so far with no leaking... I skipped using the acquarium glue stuff based on recommendation in similar threads that the valve doesn't need anything...

You can't be wrong because drysuits don't come with the valves sealed on with sealer. They shouldn't need any at all like you say. Only use sealer if it leaks and all else fails.

Chris

Back
Top Bottom