exhaust bubbles

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Remember the old saying "there's exceptions to every rule." ? Well, this is one of them.

Are you talking about taking someones picture and you don't want their bubbles in it. Just have them hold their breath and as soon as the bubbles are out of the way, snap your pic.

If you're talking about YOUR bubbles to avoid scaring the fish, if you'll exhale very slowly with a very small stream of bubbles, that usually works well. As I'm getting ready to push the shutter, I'll hold my breath as I trigger it. Or I'll take a very small breath, hold it as I approach the fish, snap the pic then breath.

You won't explode immediately if you briefly hold your breath. It's when you ascend that you don't want to hold it, as the air will expand and will have no where to go.

You are so generous with your time. Thanks for helping me with my newbie questions.

To add to Dee's advice: sometimes it helps to do that though your mask. It filters out some of the noise & bubble stream.

~SubMariner~

To add to Dee's advice: sometimes it helps to do that though your mask. It filters out some of the noise & bubble stream.

Doesn't this fog-up the mask? Just asking. I needed to get the technique right as well.

You could purchase a good digital camera system and a good computer program to eliminate the spots off your pics.
Dive Safe,
Caymaniac:jester:

caymaniac bubbled...
You could purchase a good digital camera system and a good computer program to eliminate the spots off your pics.
Dive Safe,
Caymaniac:jester:

That is the direction I am heading, but saving up will take a while.
Thnx

Doesn't this fog-up the mask? Just asking. I needed to get the technique right as well.

In a word... no. :)

A properly cleaned & maintained mask will keep clear no matter what.

~SubMariner~

Exhale... pause... snap! I've seen way too many newbie u/w photographers ascend unwittingly because they were holding their breath (following inhalation) while looking through a viewfinder. If you're looking to win a Darwin Award, this technique just might get you nominated!

Have fun, stay safe, and never stop learning.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom