Exertion, the overhead and decompression

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I bent my left shoulder on a 2nd decompression wreck dive, pretty sure it was due to running a reel with my left arm at an awkward angle over 2 left side stages, followed by a bouncy hang.

The line is definitely fuzzy though, maybe the O Dive will contribute to our understanding but needs a bit of real world testing first I think.

General prep: I do cardio workouts 4 or 5 times a week. The purpose beside the obvious endorphin hit is to fully develop the best decompression filters you can find on the planet, the benefits of vascularity to your lungs cannot be understated.

Diving: depends on the dive. Ironically, the shorter the deco, the more conservative I'm going to play it. A 10 minute deco at Ginnie will probably get me to do a 10 minute surface deco, where a 3-4 hour deco and I'm probably ready to walk out of the water within 5 minutes of surfacing.

Like AJ said, I'll get out of the water and fart around for a bit before schlepping the rest of the gear up. I also like helium. I feel better when diving helium mixes.

I also tend to be a little more conservative than some of my buddies on deco and have watched a few guys surface before me. The GF I'm running seems to work well for me but may not work for you (I run a 50/80).

If there isn't a lot if space to swim about on deco and move blood around, what do people do to keep the blood flowing.

Why the difference in approach on shorter deco kensuf, strangely, thinking about it I do the same although hadn't really realised

If there isn't a lot if space to swim about on deco and move blood around, what do people do to keep the blood flowing.

Why the difference in approach on shorter deco kensuf, strangely, thinking about it I do the same although hadn't really realised

I don't really swim around, it's more stretching and just keeping your limbs moving. Swimming is fine obviously, but I usually just try to keep everything moving. Just the muscle movement itself will keep the blood moving around, doesn't have to have any exertion behind it.

I seem to bend easier when I finish a short deco and pop straight to the surface and run around. It's also possible that the short deco dives where I want to get out of the water quickly are usually on a weeknight, after work, and I may just be tired already.

I stay on my loop when climbing out of a shore dive and will breathe high PO2 all the way to the parking lot, then take my time stowing kit to avoid exertion.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom