Exertion, the overhead and decompression

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sorry to hear that helodriver, out of interest what GFs were you using?

Also some research suggests that peak bubbling occurs at 30 mins post dive.

The GF query is relevant to a recent study conducted in UK, I'll explain in a bit.

Too soon to be sure but the recent study conducted into 2 comparative GFs 30/85 and 50/75 IIRC suggested that the former promoted lower surfacing bubble scores but slower decreasing scores over time and vice versa.

Maybe with more data, it may transpire that certain GFs suit the environmental conditions better than a blanket aproach.

Or a combination of 30/70 may suit a dive that requires immediate activity post dive.

Too early to say but an interesting possibility.

60/80. Cleared deco in the habitat and did a slow ascent through the tube. My log indicates a SurfGF of 67%. Pretty conservative, honestly. I think it's just the nature of the cave. Going to Sheck's Mountain and back generates a log that looks like the EKG of a heart that's about to explode. Involves some exertion as well when flow is normal or higher.

Compare that to emerald to clearcut and back. Significantly deeper, way more deco, but less full contact and minimal sawtoothing. Long gradual ascent from the 200ft section to the basin.

I always feel significantly worse after a long manatee dive. It's one of my favorite caves because of the things that make it hard. Just might need to sit on O2 for the surface deco next time. Or extend it a bit.

@helodriver87 shoulder hits can often be due to the drysuit or harness not being set/fit properly. If it's right shoulder it's usually while on a DPV, but left is light hand and it's possible you didn't get your shoulder moving enough during deco on that dive.

I'll work on my deco dance routine too. Entirely possible that being vertical and lazy in the habitat didn't do me any favors.

I got some tingling in my shoulders, chest, and arm after a deco dive in a strong current. I didn't think much of it because I had a similar tingling in the same areas on a prior non-deco dive in a strong current going up a similar mooring ball. And it went away after a bit of time.

I wonder if it is similar to the hit you described.

I got some tingling in my shoulders, chest, and arm after a deco dive in a strong current. I didn't think much of it because I had a similar tingling in the same areas on a prior non-deco dive in a strong current going up a similar mooring ball. And it went away after a bit of time.

I wonder if it is similar to the hit you described.

I think subclinical hits (mild discomfort, fatigue, etc) are extremely common. The line between maybe I tweaked it and I'm slightly tired and mildly bent is very, very fuzzy

I think subclinical hits (mild discomfort, fatigue, etc) are extremely common. The line between maybe I tweaked it and I'm slightly tired and mildly bent is very, very fuzzy

I joke that after a dive we play the "Am I bent or am I just getting old?" game.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom