Excitement at the lake on Saturday!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dee

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
During a surface interval Saturday morning, we noticed a bit of gray smoke coming from the front of one of the motor homes parked at the lake. The owner had been trying to get the motor started. Within minutes black smoke was coming from the back window. By the time I grabbed my camera...it couldn't have been more than a couple of minutes....it was full engulfed by flames.

abs.sized.jpg

You can see a series of pictures here on page 3.

The owner was inside the motor home working on the motor when the fire started. It was reported that his pant leg caught fire and he sustained minor burns but he left before the fire department got there and no one had seen him since!

Mike was in Florida tending to some business. Every time he leaves something happens! By Sunday morning Mike's son, Scott, had the burned out frame moved and the site cleaned up.

Dee once bubbled...
.. Mike was in Florida tending to some business. Every time he leaves something happens! By Sunday morning Mike's son, Scott, had the burned out frame moved and the site cleaned up.

Quite something to be on site when something like that happens! Neat pics Dee.

Hmmm must be something about going away. During the winter, many of my "retired" neighbours head south (something to do with it being cold up here), and I get the dubious duty of house sitting. In the last 5 years something has alway happend (usually about 2am). To date: two burglery attempts, a low temp warning (during our famous ice storm), a busted water heater, and an alarm system sending false signals. I just can't wait for this year's exodus.

Hi dee,

Great pics and it looks like a nicedive site too. If you take away the Gotee and give me a dee rag, my dght. thinks this as well, I could have a brother in Texas. LOL

chuckrt

chuckrt once bubbled...
Hi dee,

Great pics and it looks like a nicedive site too. If you take away the Gotee and give me a dee rag, my dght. thinks this as well, I could have a brother in Texas. LOL

chuckrt

Not another one! LOL :wink:

Dang, I go out of town ONE TIME all year and we get a fire at the lakes, and We have it once every 4 years, eh Tony? :wink:

:Birthday:

:wavey:

Homey...Happy Belated! Hope you had a good one!

Tony....We'll put a shrimp on the barby for ya!

I always seem to miss out on all the excitement. Hope no one was hurt. Even with the cooler weather looks like your all still hav'n fun at TL. I have been tring to get a dive in for the last 2 months but due to weather and other stuff just havn't been able to get down there (or anywhere else for that matter)

Geek

Whoa what a pic.

Happy Belated birthday Homey, did you get any new dive gear
for your birthday?????

:icecream: :icecream:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom