Excess Baggage some good news ..

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Our last travel with Cebu Pacific airline was in October 2009 and we used these "normal" dive bags. Yes, we paid for excess baggage...

B001.jpg

(one on the left)

Mares_Cruise_Backpack_Pro_Dive_Bag.jpg

(above photo from Scubatoys)

had you booked "sports" which they didn't recognise because of the bags?

there's no "sports" option with Cebu Pacific.

Yes there is - make the booking online - choose flights - enter details - next page - options available for travelsure insurance - prepaid excess baggage - check-in sports equipment - donate to world wildlife fund

CHECK-IN SPORTS EQUIPMENT

Only PHP 1,000.00 per sector if you pay online

More info here -
Code:
http://www.cebupacificair.com/travel-services/sports-equipment-fee.html

I just got back from the Philippines. Flew Manila-Dumaguete on Philippines AIr. Joined Mabuhay Miles and tried to sign up for Sports Plus just before we left but it wasn't easy from the US, so just showed up at the check-in counter in Manila at 5:30AM for 7AM flight and told the agent we wanted or had Sports Plus (some difficulty understanding each other), gave our Mabuhay Miles numbers and we were charged NOTHING for excess baggage. Would have willingly paid the $30US for Sports Plus, but didn't mind the getting it free.

We're traveling with Cebu Pacific at the moment. My sports bag is not what you would call "hard shell" and my partner's bag is a soft sports bag. No one has turned a hair so far, but there could always be one. We've never had a problem, we've flown here several times in the last few years. In fact we've found the staff really accommodating as my bag was 17kg and his was 12kg (he carries his regulator in another bag and has nice light fins) and they just waved them through even though they were within their rights to charge me excess. It may have helped that my normal baggage was around 8kg!

Yes there is - make the booking online - choose flights - enter details - next page - options available for travelsure insurance - prepaid excess baggage - check-in sports equipment - donate to world wildlife fund
CHECK-IN SPORTS EQUIPMENT

Only PHP 1,000.00 per sector if you pay online

More info here -
Code:
http://www.cebupacificair.com/travel-services/sports-equipment-fee.html

Well I've just booked my flights for my next trip to Coron, but I did not use the Sports Equipment option, but instead I took the prepay excess baggage option of 15kg for 1,071.43 php each way. Yes I know it's @ 140 php dearer on the return trip, but by doing it this way I do not need to put all my scuba gear into a separate bag, so will be saving a few KGs doing it this way - I'll just have the one case of 30kg which is also acceptable on my flights from the UK to Manila.

Is the SportsPlus package (with Philippine Airlines) available for purchase when you check in for for domestic flights, at the time of purchase of plane tickets, or any time in between? Is available online or only at a PAL sales office? Could it be used repeatedly (say for a period of one year) or only per trip/ round trip? Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom